Saturday, November 15, 2014

Just Us Girls #267 - Color Week

Happy Saturday!  Another Saturday means another challenge from Just Us Girls.  This week is our color week, and Sharyn chose red, turquoise, and gold or yellow.  I love red and turquoise together and add gold to that...what a fab combo!
 
I love making tags, don't you?  I made several last year and they looked so pretty on my gifts.  So I made more for this year.
 
When I thought of gold, I immediately pulled out this jingle bell stamp and embossed it in gold.  Adding the actual jingle bells to the top of the tag and some twine was the perfect touch!  All the pieces are inlaid, so with the exception of the bells, it's a flat tag.

The next tag uses Tag Sale #4 and a really old stamp set from 2008!  I cut the tag from white and red.  Then on the red one, I die cut a circle in the middle and inlaid the embossed piece.  I embossed the image in gold embossing powder.  Since the turquoise ribbon had polka dots on it, I decided to add polka dots around the tag.


The backs of the tags are where I added the to/from message.  I like the "Santa was here" sentiment.
 
The sentiments fit nicely on the back side of this one as well.

 
You can see more from the DT and our November guest designer on these blogs.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Secret Santa (My Time Made Easy), 2008 Holiday Tag Collection (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, real red, tempting turquoise
Ink:  Versamark, real red
Accessories:  Tag Sale #4 & #10 (PTI), circle die, gold embossing powder, ribbon, twine, white signo gel pen, gold bells
 

Photobucket

8 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome tags, Miss Lady!!

Nancy said...

How do you create such beauty first thing in the morning and while your not feeling well to boot. I am super jealous of your excess mojo! Great tags Lisa...hope you feel better!

Alanna said...

Your tags are beautiful.

Ina G said...

Lovely tags Lisa. They look so simple to make but with such a beautiful finish.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful tags, Lisa! I appreciate that you created these while you were sick. Hope you are feeling better!

sandie said...

Adorable tags Lisa, love this combo x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful tags! Great idea to inlay the pieces making it flat and so cute adding the real jingle bells. That round tag is so pretty, love those polka dots and the way you tied the ribbons on top.

Gerrina said...

That jinglebellstamp is super and that tag is my favo, although they are both beautiful! Enjoy the sunday, Gerrina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin