Sunday, November 1, 2015

Holiday Cheer

Happy fall back day!  And because of falling back, I had some extra time this morning to create a card!  I found some challenges to play with and came up with this card.  It includes some new products too.  The quilted piece is from one of those new We R Memory Keepers embossing folders.  I loved that bow when I saw it on Catherine Pooler's blog.  It took quite a few tries before getting the just the right colors to stamp it with.  The holiday die cut was cut three times and stacked for more dimension.  I didn't have the right sequins for this and I was in a hurry to complete it, so I just added some dots of star dust stickles.  Another holiday card completed!
 
 I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for my layout.  Loved this one!
 
 Then I saw the Curtain Call Challenge to use plaid...couldn't pass this one up either!  I was hoping to get some felt into my card for the plush part, but it wasn't working.
 
That's it!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe

Stamps:  Holiday Bows (The Ton), City Scene Christmas Sentiments (PTI)
Paper:  Vintage cream, old olive, riding hood red, Handmade Holidays (Simple Stories)
Ink:  Riding hood red, old olive
Accessories:  Holiday Bows dies (The Ton), Christmas Cheer dies (PTI), Banner Trio (WP9), Quilted embossing folder (WRMK), star dust stickles, dimensionals, corner rounder
Photobucket

7 comments:

Marisa said...

That script die is fabulous!! Love the mix of colors in the plaid and the quilted panel is amazing. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is my kind of card! I love the plaid, the quilted piece and that fun sentiment!

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful, Lisa! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that embossing folder, going to have to find that one for myself!

Nancy said...

Really love this card and that embossing folder! Wonderful job!

Gerrina said...

Super stamping and great colours; these are so warm and perfect for Christmas! Hugs, Gerrina

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your plaid and the quilted layer over it! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Lisa! Love the plaid with the quilted panel! Wonderful Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin