Saturday, November 10, 2018

Just Us Girls #466 - Trend Week

So when was the last time you used bleach?  In the wash or for crafting?  I must admit I've used it more in laundry than in crafting, but there's always a first time, right?  Just Us Girls wants you to use bleach on your cards.  There are a variety of ways to do this as well!
 
I watched this video by Gina K to get my inspiration.  You can't really tell I used bleach on these flowers because I die cut them.  In Gina's video, she stamped a few flowers on brown cardstock but didn't die cut them so you can see the difference in the color of the cardstock after the bleach was applied.  I think you can kind of see the difference on mine if you look at the very edges.  They are darker because I didn't apply the bleach beyond the embossed area.  I'm loving these block print stamps from Altenew.  They frame the card so nicely.  I stamped and die cut some leaves in some fall colors and added the sentiment and sequins to finish it off.  I think I should have used bolder colors for them because the brown flowers really stand out!  Oh well!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our November guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Floral Art and Block Print (Altenew), Autumn Adornment (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, early espresso
Ink:  Versamark, shea butter, bellini, mandarin spice, icing on the cake (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Floral Art dies (Altenew), stitched rectangle (MFT), black embossing powder, bleach, crystal, dimensionals, fun foam 


7 comments:

Nancy said...

Stunning once again! Love the bold brown leaves against that amazing background! WOW!!!

cm said...

Beautiful fall card! The bleached kraft flowers and the pretty background really complement one another with their contrast! Love this!
hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

So gorgeous! Love the bleach on brown card stock - it really pops and the dark brown edges frame them beautifully! Love the layout too!!!

Ina G said...

WOW! What an amazing and beautiful card here Lisa. The colours just blend perfectly and your layout is fabulous. Love your take on my Bleach Challenge.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Those bleached brown flowers are stunning against that background and those pretty fall colors. Beautiful design!

Bobby said...

The background and colorful leaves are the perfect backdrop for your lovely bleached flowers, Lisa. No changes needed. ;)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun layering and use of bleach

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin