Thursday, August 1, 2019

Time Out #141 - Theme Challenge

Hi friends! Happy August!  Summer sure is flying by!
 It's time for a new Time Out challenge.  This is our theme challenge, and the theme is RELAXATION.
Newton's Nook is our sponsor for this challenge.  I chose to use this cute Summer Vacation stamp and die set for my card.  What better way to relax than on a beach on a sunny day under an umbrella?  Maybe a drink in hand?  LOL!  I started by coloring this cute image with copic markers then die cutting it with the matching die.  Then I created the background by sponging in clouds with a stencil and then sponging in the water.  The sand was created with stitched dies using kraft cardstock.  I added the pail of sand and the die cut sun before stamping the sentiment. I added glossy accents to the sunglasses and yellow crystals.  There is also shimmer on the umbrella, sun and pail.  I'm not sure how I feel about the dots I put on the sand.  :-(

You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Marieke, on the Time Out blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Newton's Summer Vacation (Newton's Nook)
Paper:  Recollections white, X-Press It blending card, kraft and yellow cardstocks
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copics, tumbled glass, peacock feathers and salty ocean oxide inks
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle dies (MFT), Newton's summer vacation dies (Newton's Nook), drifting stitched borders (SSS), large sunshine die (Lil' Inkers), glossy accents, spectrum noir shimmer, cloud stencil (MFT), crystals, dimensionals 


5 comments:

Anita in France said...

What a fun scene, Lisa ... Newton sure looks chilled out on his rainbow beach towel, under his matching beach parasol ... and he has the place to himeself ... now that's relaxing! Brilliant composition, wonderful colouring! Hugs, Anita :)

PS: The link to the TO label isn't working ... not being too familiar with Blogger I'm not sure why, but I thought you'd like to know! A:)

sandie said...

This is such a fab scene and oh how I wish I was there and you are right a drink in the hand would be prefect. Adore the vibrant colours-good choice of stamp..they have a drinks stamp I am waiting for to come back in! And adding the gloss to the umbrella fab touch. The way you created the sand is just so creative x

Jennifer Jackson said...

This beach scene is so adorable! I love the colors and the fun texture on the texture on the sand really adds the perfect touch! Thanks for featuring our images on the Time Out Challenge!
-Jen {Newton's Nook Designs

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Fantastic scene for this challenge, Lisa. Your design and coloring are just perfect. I just love this. I work in a school and have summers off. This is how you will find me on most sunny days!

Nonni said...

This scene looks fantastic! I love all the details, the sky looks so fab... And your coloring is so vivid, I love the bright summery colors! Your cat looks totally relaxed! :) Have a fun weekend. xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin