Saturday, July 27, 2019

Just Us Girls #498 - Photo Week

Hello!  I'm the hostess at Just Us Girls this week and I chose this photo for our Photo Week challenge.  I love elephants and loved this photo.


I had so many ideas for this challenge.  In the end, I chose this stamp set from Concord & 9th but it didn't end up the way I envisioned.  I die cut the elephant from the center of the print and die cut it three more times from white cardstock and mounted them all together.  When I photographed it, you couldn't see the elephant very well.  So I die cut another elephant from yellow cardstock.  Looks much better in the photos, but I liked it better the first way in person.  Oh well.  The elephant is covered with shimmer. 
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our July guest, Emma, on the JUGs blog.  This is Emma's last week with us.  Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoyed your time with us!
 
I'm entering this in the Color Throwdown Challenge too.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe:
Stamps:  Floral Print Silhouette (C&9th), Unforgettable (WPlus 9)
Paper:  Recollections white, yellow cardstock
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, party dress, tutti frutti, tiara (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Floral Print Silhouette die (C&9th), stitched rectangle die (MFT), crystals, spectrum noir shimmer 

6 comments:

Broni said...

What a wonderful combination of the challenges! Love your yellow elephant!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a fun and creative design for both challenges! Love it!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that majestic elephant among the flowers! Very cool design and color combo with the perfect finishing touch with the crystals. Awesome choice for our Photo Challenge this week!

Nancy said...

Great job combining the challenges Lisa! Love the background too!

Ina G said...

Cute colourful and so pretty Lisa.

Bobby said...

Sometimes photography is our enemy, Lisa. I'm sorry your original plan didn't work but this card looks fantastic with the big yellow elephant.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin