Monday, July 8, 2019

Ruff Day

Happy Monday!  I have a fun card for my brother-in-law who may need some cheering up. 
 
Last week Sunday, he was trimming some branches from his tree in the backyard.  When one of the branches he cut fell, it hit the ladder and knocked him off.  He fell 15 feet on this right side.  He was knocked unconscious for about two minutes.  A neighbor saw him fall and called 911.  My niece, a nursing student, came to his side and helped him so he could breathe better.  He ended up with 6 broken ribs and a bleed behind his right ear.  He was in intensive care for 3 days and was released on July 4th.  He is in a lot of pain and is taking pain meds which don't help much.  He went to his general practitioner who told him he shouldn't have been released from the hospital and that he should go back.  He didn't.
 
This past Sunday, he and my sister-in-law went to the marina to see the tall ships that were on display.  His right leg was becoming numb, so she took him to the ER.  He's back in the hospital.  Not sure what is going on, but he definitely needs some medical attention and some cheering up.  So, I made this card.
 
They have two dogs (none of which look like these dogs!) and I thought he would appreciate this theme.  This is a Center Picture Window card.  The front is pretty simple.

But when it's opened, there is a center window that pops up.  I added the dog, fire hydrant, water bowl, and bone in the window as well as some clouds in the background.   The pattern paper is an old dog themed one from Basic Grey.  I hope this brings some joy to him.

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  You Make My Tail Wag (MFT), Pretty Posies (Casual Fridays)
Paper:  Tan cardstock, X-Press it blending card, Max & Whiskers (BG)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, icing on the cake (CPooler)
Accessories:  Center Picture Window Card dies and add-on dies (Lawn Fawn), You Make My Tail Wag dies (MFT), glossy accents, spectrum noir shimmer, dimensionals


1 comment:

Hannelie said...

My brother in law fell of a ladder in the exact same way earlier this year. He broke his left arm in two places which is a real bummer because he is an orthopedic surgeon and he could not operate for more than 6 weeks ! The road to discovery was a long and difficult one. But he is fine now. Still not as strong in that arm as before though and painful from time to time. Long story... but I actually came to tell you that I am sure your cute card will cheer him up !
Hugs

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin