Saturday, April 18, 2020

Just Us Girls #532 - Color Week

Hi everyone!  It's Color Week over at Just Us Girls and Bobby chose rust, navy and brown.  Cool color combination.

I started by making a wreath with the wreath builder stencil using the three colors.  Then I cut it in half to make it work with an A2 size card.  I added a white piece mounted on a rust piece to cover up the space between the wreath pieces. The anchor and sentiment were die cut and adhered to the card.  I added bronze sequins.  There is too much shimmer on the sentiment die cut.  I squeezed the brush to get more out and too much came out.  Ugh!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our April guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  You Anchor Me (Gina K)
Paper:  Recollections white, not quite navy, really rust
Ink:  Over coffee, desert night, rusty hinge
Accessories:  You Anchor Me die (Gina K), stitched rectangle (MFT), hello die (PTI), wreath builder stencil, bronze sequins, shimmer 


6 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Can't ever be too much shimmer! Love your take on those difficult colors! So pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of these colors!

Nancy said...

I never would have thought it had too much shimmer. This is such a fabulous card suing some difficult colors this week. You sure made it appear easy! I hope your birthday has been a good one despite not going out to celebrate! You will have to make up for it next year!

Ina G said...

Love shimmer! This is fabulous Lisa. Love the layout and how you used this weeks colours. Hope you enjoyed THAT bread and Happy Birthday for today and it's eat cake day!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is fabulous! Great idea to cut the wreath in half to fit the A2 size and I love how you paired that big anchor with your pretty wreath. I hope you had a great birthday, as limited as it had to be.

Bobby said...

I think I need to try your idea, Lisa. Using the color with the wreath builder was a great idea, but greater still was cutting it in half. I always disliked the fact you ended up with a square but this way looks fantastic.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin