Saturday, May 30, 2020

Just Us Girls #538 - Wild Card Week

Hi everyone!  This is the fifth Saturday of May which means Just Us Girls has an additional challenge which we call our Wild Card Week.  Our hostess, Sue, has chosen to use two or more different pattern papers on our cards.
 
A friend of mine just became a grandma, so I needed a baby card for her daughter, the new mom.  I used one of the new pattern papers from Waffle Flower in soft colors, focusing on blue because the new baby is a boy whom they named Ethan.  I pulled out this quilt die and die cut it from white, to use as the frame, and then blue, pink and a butter yellow color.  I backed the frame with a piece of white copy paper which was covered with adhesive.  I then inlaid the pieces to create a pleasing pattern.  The sentiment was die cut in the blue paper as well as twice from white cardstock and stacked together.  I added the quilt piece to craft foam and then to a blue base.  Sequins were added to the background and shimmer was applied to the word die.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our May guest, Deborah Frings, on the JUGs blog.  This is Deborah's last week with us, and I'd like to thank her for joining us this month and for adding her lovely cards to our challenges.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, Unicorn Dots (Waffle Flower)
Accessories:  Quilt Square die (MFT), wonderful words: baby (PTI), sequins, shimmer, craft foam 


5 comments:

Nancy said...

Yes, it seems we both went right to baby when we saw this challenge. This came out fabulous. I love your choice of colors too. Peach is a color that seems to often get forgotten. Stay well.

Bobby said...

One of my favorite ways to use patterned paper is with a quilt die, Lisa. I love how you arranged the papers and a die cut sentiment was the perfect way to go.

Ina G said...

I love seeing cards used with that quilt die and you have done it proud here with those soft patterned papers Lisa. Lovely big die cut too.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty card! Perfect colors for a baby

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this fabulous quilt card! The colors are so soft and pretty and perfect for a little baby. And, as always, the perfect touches and placement of bling!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin