Saturday, September 11, 2021

Just Us Girls #601 - Trend Week

Hello friends!  It's Trend Week over at Just Us Girls and Elizabeth is hosting her first challenge as a design team member.  She chose for us to make a shaker card.  Love those!  They are so fun to make and shake!
 

I was at a stamp show a couple of weekends ago and bought this Hootie Owl die set with several add-on holiday sets from Jillian Vance.  The samples they had on display using these dies just hooked me!  I thought this witch owl would be cute atop a shaker.  I'm sending this to my sweet great-niece and I think she will love it!  

I started by die cutting and putting the owl together.  I wanted googly eyes instead of the circles that came with the set, but I wish they were bigger.  These were the largest I could find in my stash.  I die cut the frame four times from white card stock and once from black.  I adhered the white ones together then cut a piece of acetate and adhered that to the black piece.  I took one of the fall out pieces from the white die cut and stamped spider webs on it.  To put the card together, I first adhered the pattern paper to the card base then adhered the white frames and the middle piece on top.  I added the shaker bits inside the well of the frame and attached the black piece with the acetate to cover the shaker.  Then I added the owl and sentiment strip.  So fun to make!

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our September  guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Halloween Gnomies (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white, black, Matilda (Cosmo Cricket), acetate
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Hootie Owl and Hootie Halloween Add-on (Jillian Vance), stitched rectangle die (MFT), wood frame die (HA), sequins, Spooky Salutations strips (SSS), googly eyes


9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome H card! Love the colors of the shaker stuffing😀

Macimbalo said...

So clever, not just a shaker, it's a Halloween shaker - that's so awesome!

Loll said...

Hi Lisa. Your great-niece is going to love this fun Halloween card. So creative and fun with the costumed owl and those fabulous sequins ... love that colour combo! xx

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... Hootie Owl is priceliess and a shaker to boot... your niece will be thrilled. Thank you!

Nancy said...

What a great find at the stamp show! Love the googly eyes addition no matter the size! You really made a fabulous shaker! Take care!

Bobby said...

What a fun card, Lisa! I love anything with an owl on it. ;) Love the webbed background and the colors of the sequins.

Ina G said...

Fabulous fun halloween shaker Lisa. Clever layout.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that big owl with his googly eyes! Awesome shaker with that spider web background, so perfect for Halloween!

Cécile RIBON said...

I must confess I'm not very fond of Halloween cards, but yours is so cute that I might change my mind.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin