Saturday, September 4, 2021

Just Us Girls #600!!!

 Hello JUGS friends!!  This week Just Us Girls is celebrating our 600th challenge!  Woohoo!  We've been in existence since October 2009, and I can say with pride that I have been here since challenge #1 (although I may have missed a challenge or two!)!  Vicki is hosting this challenge (she took over administrative duties a few years ago to keep this challenge running smoothly...thanks so much Vicki!), and she chose for us to use 6 of anything on our cards.

I was in my LSS a couple of weeks ago and picked up this stamp/die set from Say It With Stamps.  I thought those little birds were adorable!  I noticed there were six different birds in the set, so it was perfect for this challenge.  I stamped them, colored them with copics, then die cut them along with the branches (there are two in the set and I die cut one of them twice so I had a long enough branch for all the birds). I die cut a white panel and used a mini cloud stencil and ink to create the background.  I stamped the sentiment on that panel and added crystals and shimmer.  I adhered that to an aqua panel and a base that is a mini slimline size.

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our new guest for September, Loll Thompson, on the JUGs blog.  Welcome Loll!

And look what someone will win just for joining our 600th challenge!  These great products from Creative Expressions!  Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  A Little Birdie Told Me (Say It With Stamps)
Paper:  Recollections white, X-Press It card, aqua
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copic markers, salvaged patina
Accessories:  A Little Birdie Told Me dies (SIWS), master layouts 7 (Gina K), crystals, shimmer, dimensionals


10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your 6 little birds are so fun! I do love me bird cards :)

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... loving the six cuties! Congrats on the 600th!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... those six birds are SO ADORABLE! Love the cloud background. Thanks for having me as Guest Designer this month! Loll xx

JoAnn said...

Your 6 little birdies are so cute. Really adorable card. Congrats on JUGS 600th challenge.

Nancy said...

This is such a "tweet" card and so well done! I adore it! Such an accomplishment on your part being with JUGS since challenge #1! Way to go Lisa! Have a great week!

Bobby said...

Those are darling little birds, Lisa, and you've colored them beautifully.

cm said...

How impressive that you've participated in pretty much all 600 challenges; that's commitment! Speaking of impressive: your 6 birds! Super sweet in every way!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those little birds are just too cute! I love the scene you have created with them with the soft cloud background and the branches. So cute with four of them perched on the branch and two flying around. Great creation for our 600th challenge!

Ina G said...

Looks like six sweet and cute tweety birds were singing Happy Birthday here Lisa. Love it!

Cécile RIBON said...

These birdies are absolutely adorable, they seem to be happily celebrating . Congrats on this amazing milestone, I so glad to be part of this fabulous team.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin