Saturday, August 28, 2021

Just Us Girls #599 - Photo Week

Hello!  I'm the hostess over at Just Us Girls this week for our Photo Week challenge.  I thought this was a cool photo that can have many interpretations.
 

For me, I went literal.  When I chose this photo, I had this confetti stencil set from MFT in mind, and I think it came out pretty cool.  There are two stencils in this set and I stenciled two colors with each stencil.  I used navy and yellow with the first stencil and aqua and gray with the second.  I die cut the panel with a stitched die and used a larger die for the gray mat.  I die cut the hello die once from gray cardstock and twice from white and stacked them.  I also die cut the shadow from vellum.  These were adhered together and placed on the panel on an angle.  I added a sentiment strip, crystals and shimmer to finish it off.

You can see more from the JUGS design team and our August guest, Claire, on the JUGs blog.  This is Claire's last challenge with us this month, and I'd like to thank her for her beautiful additions to our challenge this month!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, gray, vellum
Ink:  Limoncello, cumberbund, juniper mist, twilight (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Card sized confetti stencils (MFT), hello die (MFT), stitched rectangles (MFT), sentiment strip (SSS), crystals, shimmer


9 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your stenciled dots using the confetti stencils! Such a fun, happy card. Awesome interpretation of that fabulous photo! I love your choice of photo for our challenge this week.

Nancy said...

I love that you had a stencil in mind and then you found your photo! I am going to have to try that next time I host a Photo Week. Love your dots and the hello looks great too! I enjoyed this challenge. Have a great week!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... I am laughing because I thought that Ina was responsible for the picture this week. But you get the credit for challenging me to the max. Now I look at how the DT handled the challenge and wow...there was so many ways to turn that I didn't see. Love the pure simplicity of your dots! Thanks so much for the challenge.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a fun inspired card -- I do love me some dots :)

Ina G said...

Wow! Lisa you sure picked the perfect photo for your gorgeous dotty card. Simply stunning with the big hello and smaller sentiment. Looooove it!

Claire said...

This is so pretty Lisa - I've just got a very similar stencil from CASual Fridays so must get some ink on it!

Bobby said...

That photo really stretched us, Lisa, but it was so much fun. Your stenciling worked the colors in beautifully.

Macimbalo said...

Wow, your card is awesome! And the challenge was really a challenge this week-loved trying to come up with something! Your'is stunning!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an awesome and cheery take on the inspiration photo, Lisa. I just love these fun and happy dots. Thanks for such a fun challenge.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin