Saturday, August 7, 2021

Just Us Girls #596 - Word Week

 Hello!  It's Word Week at Just Us Girls and Bobby has chosen the word HARVEST.

I had to search for this stamp set.  I couldn't remember who the company was, but I was able to find it!  It's a Lawn Fawn set called Rooting for You and I thought it worked well for the "harvest" word choice.  I've never used it (surprise, surprise!).  I sort of cased a card on Lawn Fawn's website because I am challenged when it comes to these types of images!  I started by stamping all the images then die cut them.  I used a cloud stencil for the background and die cut the "dirt" using a snow drift die. Once the that was done, I stamped the water and added the watering can.  The hello sentiment was a freebie from I believe Taylored Expressions (but I could be wrong!).  I added crystals and shimmer.  The main panel was popped up using craft foam.  I love the cute faces on the veggies!

Before I end, I'd like to wish a fond farewell to one of our team members, Maria Levine.  She and I are the original members of Just Us Girls!  We started this challenge blog in 2009 and I've been so lucky to have known Maria and so many others.  Good luck Maria!

And now, I'd like to welcome our new member Elizabeth Stewart.  She's going to be a great addition to the team, and we are so fortunate to have us joining us!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guest for the month of August, Claire Apostoloff, on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Rooting for You (Lawn Fawn)
Paper:  Recollections white, brown (SU)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, various C. Pooler inks, tumbled glass distress oxide
Accessories:  Rooting for You dies (LF), stitched snow drift (MFT), stitched rectangle (MFT), mini cloud stencil (MFT), hello die (TE?), crystals, shimmer spray, craft foam


9 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... thank you for the warm welcome! I am truly looking forward to working with you on JUGS. So love your happy harvest card! The wee faces are so cute... and the happy veggies stake is priceless!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your veggies are TOO CUTE! They made me smile ;)

Bobby said...

This is such a cute card, Lisa. I love your 'happy veggies'.

Unknown said...

Very cute!! Really fits the challenge!

Nancy said...

Darling in every way! Their cute faces really do it for me! Sweet card!

Ina G said...

What happy healthy colourful veggies you have here Lisa. Love the little tag and the watering can. The whole card is full of fun.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your row of happy little veggies! The "dirt" looks great and I love the added little shadows beneath them. Beautiful sky and love the watering cane sprinkling the veggies.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This card is adorable and fun at the same. Those littel veggies are sooooo cute!

Cécile RIBON said...

OUPS : Little

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin