Saturday, August 14, 2021

Just Us Girls #597 - Trend Week

Hello to a new challenge at Just Us Girls!  This week is Trend Week, and Vicki chose black and white!
 

I made two cards because of the design of this die.  I started by die cutting this pinwheel die from black and white cardstock.  On this one, I took the white frame and added in the black pinwheel pieces.  The butterfly is a two part die...one solid and one decorative.  I also die cut those from black and white cardstock, and on this one I placed the black decorative piece on top of the solid white.  I added a preprinted sentiment, crystals, and shimmer spray. 

For this card, I did the exact opposite of what I did above.  I love the way these came together!

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our August guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, black
Accessories:  Stitched pinwheel (Reverse Confetti), Darla and Vivienne butterfly dies (Memory Box), sentiment strips (SSS) crystals, shimmer, dimensional squares


7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome twofer cards!

Nancy said...

Looks like someone was shopping! Love both of these, Lisa! One of my favorite butterflies!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are both amazing! I love that background die with that pretty butterfly perched in the center. Love the added shimmer.

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... the shimmer spray on the black cardstock is amazing!

Ina G said...

Wow Lisa they are both stunning. Two really beautiful and striking cards.

Claire said...

Oh these are both stunning Lisa - so dramatic! I'm not sure which I prefer!

Bobby said...

Gotta love a twofer, Lisa, and these are both stunning and dramatic.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin