Saturday, April 9, 2022

Just Us Girls #627 - Trend Week

 Hi friends!  It's Trend Week at Just Us Girls.  Ina wants us to use foil on alcohol inked cards.  I love creating with alcohol inks!

If you have all the necessary supplies (which aren't much), this is such a fun, fast and really easy technique.  Using alcohol ink paper (or you can use Yupo paper), I put some blending solution on the paper to get it wet so the inks move right away.  I only used two inks on this one:  sail boat blue and wild plum.  They really start moving and combining right away, but I wanted some "rivers" for lack of a better word.  This is where the inks sort of pool and create a lines that are great for applying foil when they are dry.  So I used a Tim Holtz air blower to move the inks around and create these "rivers".  The inks dry super fast, about 15 minutes.  When it was dry (but the "rivers" still a bit tacky), I placed a piece of silver foil (pretty side up, I learned the hard way!) over the "rivers" and pressed the foil into the ink.  Because the ink is still tacky there, the foil sticks to it.  

You can see the foil better here with the light shining on it.  Once that was done, I trimmed the piece down and added it to silver cardstock, mounting it on craft foam for dimension.  (I die cut a rectangle from the center of that silver cardstock so it's not wasted.)  I added some foiled sentiments from Pink Fresh as well as some silver crystals to finish it.  Simple card.  I wanted to highlight the techniqe.

You can see more from our JUGs design team and April guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Alcohol ink paper (Ranger), silver shine paper (MFT)
Ink:  sail boat blue and wild plum alcohol inks
Accessories:  Foiled Sentiments (Pink Fresh), crystals, silver foil, craft foam


11 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your background is gorgeous! Love the colors you used and that silver foil on the rivers is beautiful! Love the gold sentiment, too.

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... this is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for the detailed description, I have so much to learn! Tho I am still laughing at you saying this is an easy technique... I promise my efforts did not look amazing. Such a lovely card, and the bit of silver is perfect.

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the explanation to how the technique is done Lisa. Your card looks so striking and artsy and Wow to the glimmer of the silver foiling x.

cm said...

Your choice of inks paired with the foiled 'rivers' makes for a stunning card! Love this!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

This is soooooo pretty! I love your helpful hints like which side of the foil to have facing upward (I didn't use a foil sheet so I don't know this) and to use the blending solution first!!! I will remember this!!! And I forgot about the trick of using/cutting the middle of the mat you make to conserve cardstock!!! See all the inspiration you have created for others?!!! Great card!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Just a gorgeous blended background! It looks so soft~

Nancy said...

I love the colors of your panel, Lisa. I tend to overdo it I think and add too many colors and end up with mud. Great job this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Only two colors?! Looks fabulous, Lisa!

Ina G said...

OMGoodness what amazing rivers you got here Lisa. Love your two colour choices and they mix and blend together beautifully. Gorgeous card!

Bobby said...

Beautiful panel, Lisa. Those colors moved and blended so wonderfully. I love the added silver foiled sentiments. I'm waiting for the PF die cut to come back in stock.

baileyrosy.com said...

The background is gorgeous and the "rivers"of silver look fabulous. The bold sentiment in silver works so well with this panel.

Marie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin