Saturday, April 23, 2022

Just Us Girls #629 - Photo Week

 Hello!  Cecile is the hostess at Just Us Girls this week and for our Word Week challenge she was very clever in choosing her words.  You can see all of your choices in the picture below.
You'd think I would have chosen the rock with the word Kind on it because, you know my last name and all, but instead I chose "smile" on that pink rock with black dots.  That one just jumped out at me!  I chose a pretty pink cardstock and a polka dot stencil to create the black dots.  I die cut the word smile three times and stacked them.  I layed the word on the background and it got lots among the black dots, so I added a vellum band to the panel and adhere the word to it.  Much better!  I added that panel to a black mat and then added that to a white card base.  I finished it with two black hearts.  The rock in the photo had one, but I added another.

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our April guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Pink, black, white
Ink:  Extreme black (MFT)
Accessories:  Large polka dot stencil (MFT), smile die (Lil' Inkers), stitched rectangles (MFT), hearts & stars die (Memory Box)


10 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... I am smiling! Loving the retro 50 color scheme...very fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Can never go wrong with a fun dotted background!

cm said...

You had me at polka dots! Love this!
hugs~carol

Carol said...

What a great take on that pink and black rock!!! Your card screams fun!! Love those colors and the polka dot theme!!!!

Nancy said...

I love polka dots! Fun card!

Mac Mable said...

Clever take on the photo and love your happy card and the vellum strip looks fabulous too x.

baileyrosy.com said...

Looks like the Lisa's love polka dots :)Gorgeous card so bold and a fantastic take on the theme.

Marie

Bobby said...

Great replication of that pink rock, Lisa.

Ina G said...

Super bold bright polka dots Lisa. Your big smile sentiment is a great finisher with the tiny hearts.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! You did a fabulous job using this inspiration photo! I love this bold black sentiment and the black on pink polka dot background.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin