Saturday, May 7, 2022

Just Us Girls #631 - Word Week

Hello everyone!  The new challenge over at Just Us Girls is the Word Week challenge.  Vicki has chosen flowers.
 

I just returned from a trip to Italy, and we spent time on the Amalfi coast where lemons are in abundance.  I can still smell the fragrance!  So I pulled out this lemon die set from Spellbinders, which also has flowers in it.  I die cut the parts from various greens, white and yellow card stocks and adhered them together.  I adhered them to a panel that was impressed with a weave stencil.  I ran it through my die cut machine with the rubber mat to impress the stencil into the card stock.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and die cut it with a square die.  The main panel was spritzed with shimmer spray and I added yellow crystals.  I mounted that panel onto a yellow mat and adhered that to the white base.

Here's a picture of some lemon trees.  They were growing everywhere!

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our new guest for May, Deborah Wheeler, on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Motherly Love (Flourishes)
Paper:  White, yellow, greens
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Lemon Zest (Spellbinders), Basic Weave stencil (MFT), square die (Spellbinders), crystals, shimmer spritz


7 comments:

Carol said...

I love lemons so this card caught my eye! The sweet flowers all over it are such pretty elements! I am so jealous of your trip...loved seeing your pictures along the way!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How fun to be inspired from your awesome trip! Super fun

Deborah Wheeler said...

Such a fab card Lisa - so clever to pick up the flowers on the lemons. Thanks for the warm welcome!

cm said...

Gorgeous lemon card and the photo of the lemon trees...oh my! Beautiful!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful lemons and blossoms! Your photos from your Italian vacation looked amazing! Love how you were inspired from your trip to create this beauty.

Nancy said...

You left a message on my blog not long ago saying you bought something because you saw my card using it. Well, I just bought this die yesterday because of this card. LOL I adore it!

Ina G said...

Love your take on our Flower Challenge Lisa. I can certainly smell those lemons. Pretty little blooms and lovely background.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin