Saturday, June 25, 2022

Just Us Girls #638 - Photo Week

 Hello everyone!  This week Vicki is our hostess at Just Us Girls, and she chose this cute summery photo.  It sure made me smile!

I went literal with this photo when creating my card, as you can see!  I was in search of pineapples in my stash of stamps and came upon this older set from Rina K.  It's a stamp/stencil/die set.  I first die cut the pineapple from white card stock and placed the die cut back into the negative space on my MISTI.  Then I stamped the yellow body of the pineapple and the green fronds.  Then I stenciled the green spots on it with the coordinating stencil.  I did this two more times.  Then I went in search of a set that had sunglasses and found one!  I had a die for them, so I die cut them six times and stacked them in twos for dimension.  The flower is from another stamp set.  I stamped it, colored it with copic markers, then die cut it and attached it to pineapple.  For the background, I first used a tan ink for the sand, and aqua for the water.  I did put a piece of post-it tape down before inking to create the horizon.  Then I used a cloud stencil for the sky.  The sentiment made me laugh, so I had to use it.  I drew in the birds and added crystals to finish it off.  

You can see more from our JUGs design team and June guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Sending Sunshine (Rina K), Sunscreen Required (C. Pooler), Toucan Do It (C. Pooler)
Paper:  White, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, Memento tuxedo black, sunshine, olive, sky blue, aquamarine, warm buff
Accessories:  Sending Sunshine dies, Sunscreen Required die, Toucan Do It die, stitched rectangle die (MFT), cloud stencil (MFT), crystals


3 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... the sentiment just cracked me up! So loving your funky pineapples!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun inspired card! Love those sunglasses on your pineapples they totally make me smile

Ina G said...

Super fun card and so creative. Love the sentiment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin