Saturday, August 20, 2022

Just Us Girls #646 - Color Week

Hello!  I'm the hostess for this week's Just Us Girls Color Week challenge.  I love these colors. 

I just received some new product from the current Concord & 9th release today and thought they'd work well with the colors.  I started by creating the background using a Turnabout stencil.  I stenciled it twice in yellow and once in teal and tan (my tan is Sand Castle but it looks brown).  Then I die cut it with a stitched rectangle die and then with the oval die.  I die cut the oval from the card base as well so there is a see through element.  I stamped the sentiment on the inside with teal ink and then again on a scrap piece with yellow ink and die cut the middle part with the banner die.  I adhered that on the front covering up the stamped image inside.  I added some stamped leaves and crystals to finish it off.
And my favorite color is autumn!!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our August guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Autumn Hues (C&9th)
Paper:  white
Ink:  Sweet mustard, aquamarine, sand castle
Accessories:  Autumn Hues TAB stencil and die (C&9th), Friendly Florals die (C&9th), stitched rectangle (MFT), crystals


9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Nice autumn card. Loved the colors this week!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... Fabulous sentiment!

Carol said...

I love that stencil...I would probably mess up the sequence in the turnabout! Your colors look so good! The sentiment is darling and so fun how you place it all together...great card!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Fabulous use of these colors! Beautiful stenciling with that awesome turnabout stamp. Love the sentiment and the see through with the open oval.

Nancy said...

I was so worried my tan was too dark, what a relief! LOL Gorgeous card and a wonderful color combo! Hope you are well!

cm said...

You've created a lovely card for your new leaves turnabout debut! Perfect for the colour combination. Your sentiment design is so pretty!
hugs~carol

Cathy said...

These colours are perfect for that stencil, gorgeous card, Cathy x

Ina G said...

Fabulous result you got from your new goodies Lisa. Perfect for your lovely choice of colours. So colourful...

Bobby said...

I love the idea of a see through card, Lisa. Autumn has a lot of colors to love and I can see that turnabout done in many other colors too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin