Saturday, August 6, 2022

Just Us Girls #644 - Word Week

 Hello!  We have a new challenge at Just Us Girls.  This week is our Word Week challenge and Vicki has chosen the word BUTTERFLIES.

 I had three foiled butterflies on my desk, but I knew I had this stamp and stencil butterfly set from Taylored Expressions that I really wanted to use instead.  I started by using the red cling stamp for the bodies, stamping it in black ink.  Then I laid the two layering stencils for the wings and added two colors of orange ink.  I pulled out the die cut and embossed sentiment I had in my stash and laid it on the background.  It looked so busy.  I needed to break it up in some way.  I decided to use a thin frame to cut out a frame from the background piece as well as from black card stock.  I adhered all the pieces to the card base and added a secondary sentiment.  There were more black pearls, but somehow they didn't stay on the card!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guest for the month of August,
Catherine Roffey, on the JUGs blog.  Welcome Catherine!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Butterflies (Taylored Expressions), Perfect Sentiments (Pink Fresh), Messages for Everyday (SSS)
Paper:  White, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, Versamark, peach fuzz, apricot
Accessories:  Butterflies stencil (TE), stitched rectangle die (MFT), thin frame die (SSS), sentiment strip die (Gina K), white and clear embossing powders, pearls


4 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful background using the stamps and stencil! I love how you added the black frame in the center and great combination for your sentiment!

Bobby said...

The black frame really brings your eye to the sentiment without distracting from your lovely butterflies, Lisa.

Cathy said...

Love the black and yellow design, gorgeous butterflies and thankyou for the warm welcome, Cathy x

Ina G said...

Super card Lisa. Love all the pretty colourful butterflies with the black frame making them really pop.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin