Saturday, July 30, 2022

Just Us Girls #643 - Wild Card Week

 Hi friends!  It's Wild Card Week at Just Us Girls.  This means the hostess can choose any challenge she desires.  Ina is this week's hostess, and she chose to have us CASE a designer.  Love this challenge!

I love Jennifer McGuire's cards, so I chose to CASE one of her recent ones.  This is the one I CASED.  It what she called a Unique Shaker Card.  I'll explain below.

What is unique about this shaker is that inside the shaker is a stacked die cut that the shaker bits have to go around instead of just falling to the bottom immediately.  I started by using Pink Fresh's washi tape and coordinating die.  I attached the washi tape to a piece of card stock and die cut it.  I set the other pieces aside.  I die cut it again four more times from white card stock and stacked those blank ones together.  I also die cut the scalloped frame four times from white card stock and once from gold card stock.  I stacked the white ones together.  Before adhering the stacked frame to the card base, I inked it with pink and marigold inks.  I adhered the stacked frame and die cut to the card base and added sequins, crystals, and hearts then adhered a piece of acetate cut to size.  The gold frame was adhered on top as well as the washi die cut.  The sentiment is also from Pink Fresh.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our guest this month, Fran Wing, on the JUGs blog.  This is her last week with us, and I'd like to thank her for the beautiful cards she shared with us this month.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White, gold, acetate
Ink:  Sparking rose, bubble gum, marigold (Pink Fresh)
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle scallop frame die (MFT), Whimsical Blooms washi and dies (Pink Fresh), Foiled Sentiments 3 (Pink Fresh), sequins, crystals, stars


6 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... love this card! What a fabulous idea...I am going to have to give it a try. So much fun!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your version and choice of designers to CASE! That blended background pairs perfectly with those beautiful flowers. Love the gold frame.

Carol said...

Lisa,
Your beautiful CASE shaker is both gorgeous and inspiring! I want to make this "unique" design now!!! Your ombré background just makes the whole card!!!!!!!

Nancy said...

As Carol stated, that background really is fabulous! Such a great shaker and I totally like it so much more than Jennifers!

Ina G said...

Who wouldn't want to case the great Jennifer McGuire and wow Lisa you certainly picked a beauty here. Really love the different way of this shaker. Love the soft blended background and the bunch of flowers are so pretty. What a great finisher with the gold frame. It's aweome!

cm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin