Saturday, February 11, 2023

Just Us Girls #666 - Word Week

 Hello!  Carol is the hostess this week for the Word Week challenge at Just Us Girls.  She chose the word SPARKLE.

I love sparkle and almost every one of my cards has some sort of sparkle on it.  I went to my "sparkle drawer" of glitter gels and embossing powders and found a yellow glitter gel.  When I went to use it, I found it had dried up.  I have several and most were dried up.  Anyone know how to reconstitute them?  So I changed direction and used this gift box layered stencil with some colored inks, Versamark ink and a glitter embossing powder.  I used pink, orange, and yellow inks, layering them where they met.  I then used the same inks to add the designs on them.  For the bows, I mixed the colors up, putting yellow on pink, pink on orange, and orange on yellow.  Then, using the same bow stencil, I used Versamark ink and then embossed it with the glitter embossing powder.  I used the same colors on the word die, covered it with Versamark and the glitter embossing powder.  I die cut the shadow die from white card stock and stacked the word die for dimension.

I leaned the card into the light to show more of the sparkle from the glitter embossing powder.
This card looks so washed out here, but it really is quite colorful even though the colors are soft.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our February guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White
Ink:  Versamark, ballet slipper, peach fuzz, lemon whip
Accessories:  Build a Gift stencils (Pretty Pink Posh), happy birthday dies (SSS), stitched rectangle (MFT), Wanderlust embossing powder (C. Pooler)


10 comments:

Carol said...

I am currently in love with the layered stencils, including yours! So pretty in pinks and yellows (love the ombré) and the sparkle is fab!!! I know that in person, too, it is a card that would make the recipient smile!!! I, too, went to open my embossing paste and it was hard as a rock...looking for suggestions myself!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa...love your very sparkly presents!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your sparkly gifts are Festive and fun! Sure to make anyone's birthday a happy one!

Karen said...

You did such a fabulous job of combining the patterns, color, and glittery goodness on all those packages! Someone going to be thrilled to find this card inside an envelope on their birthday!

Nancy said...

This is so pretty in yellow and pink, Lisa. That stencil set is one of my favorite purchases, thanks for encouraging me to get it back out. You definitely covered the word prompt!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the gold sparkle :)

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Fabulous birthday card with all of those pretty packages tied up with the sparkly bows! The sparkly sentiment looks perfect with the presents.
My glitter gel had dried up too so I went on a search to see if it could be saved. Don't remember where I read it, but add some hand sanitizer, stir it in as best as you can, seal it up and let it sit overnight. If it hasn't softened up enough add just a little more. Sorry I don't remember how much it said to start with. I did this back in December and mine are still good.

Bobby said...

So fun and colorful and sparkly, Lisa. I wish I knew about reconstituting the gels. I've had a couple dry up too. (Just read Sue's comment so I'll try that.) Now I put Press and Seal over the jar before sealing. I've heard that helps.

Ina G said...

Lots of beautiful presents all dressed up with sparkly ribbon and bows. Love how you added the big bold sparkly sentiment in front. Wowza!

cm said...

You've created a delightfully sparkly birthday card with the layered stencils, pretty colours and lovely touches of gold. LOVE this!
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin