Saturday, June 10, 2023

Just Us Girls #683 - Word Week

 Hello!  That's my greeting and the word for the Just Us Girls Word Week challenge.  Ina is the hostess this week, and I think it's a great choice!

My friend and fellow JUGs team member Nancy always tells me I should color more.  I love stencils and dies and they have taken me away from coloring.  So I pulled out this image that my other crafty friend Cheryl gifted to me and colored!  We were shopping together one day and I said I loved this image, and next thing I knew it was mine!  I stamped it on X-Press It card with Memento ink and colored it with many copic markers.  My markers were happy to be out and used today!  I stamped the sentiment in the upper corner.  I thought this was the perfect stamp to use for the image.  I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle and matted it with a black mat.  I pulled out a PTI gingham paper pad and chose this yellow gingham.  I die cut it with another stitched rectangle.  For some shine and shimmer, I added star dust stickles to the flower centers and bee's wings and some crystals.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our June guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Buzzy Hive (Whipper Snapper), Hog Heaven sentiment (MFT)
Paper:  X-Press It, white, black, PTI gingham
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copic markers
Accessories:  Stitched rectangles (MFT), star dust stickles, crystals, craft foam


5 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That image is fantastic and your coloring is magnificent! You should definitely be coloring more with your amazing talent!

Bobby said...

Beautiful job of coloring this honey of an image, Lisa. ;)

Nancy said...

YAY!!!!! You are listening! This is as wonderful as can bee!!! Please don't stop it is your gift for sure! Beelieve me!

Ina G said...

Oh Wow Lisa what 'bee'utiful colouring you have done here - gorgeous pop of pink and your beehive so inviting for all the bees to come a humming. Great background too.

cm said...

I agree with Nancy: you should colour more because you're so skilled at doing so. Case in point: this oh-so-pretty card! Your colouring breathes beautiful life into your hive, bee and flowers. Love this!
I, too, need to give my copics and pencils more attention (and yes, stencils + dies have become a big draw for me as well). I decided to stamp out some of my Colorado Craft Co images (I have a 'few') and aim to colour at least one image/day for the next while. Hopefully, doing this - baby steps at a time - will get me back into the colouring groove.
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin