Saturday, June 17, 2023

Just Us Girls #684 - Photo or Mood Board Week

 It's Photo or Mood Board Week at Just Us Girls.  Vicky has chosen this great photo of what I believe are cabana houses.  I love the colors!

I know I have, or had, a wood stamp with a row of houses but do you think I could find it?  No.  So I used this birdhouse die I recently got at my LSS.  I pulled the colors from the photo and I love the way it came together.  I did stack the red and blue parts to make them more dimensional.  I matted it with a kraft polka dot pattern paper to mimic the sand and die cut it with a stitched rectangle.  I added a pearl for the door handle and some extras around the house.  The sentiment is a preprinted one from SSS.  I also spritzed it with some shimmer spray.  I haven't used that product in a bit, but I love the look.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our June guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White, red, various pattern paper
Accessories:  Decorative Birdhouses (Pretty Pink Posh), sentiment strip (SSS), pearls, stitched rectangle (MFT), shimmer spray


8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a sweet card!

Carol said...

I love your red, white and blue birdhouse with the sweet patterned papers!!!! I also like your dotted background and the kraft panel which is the perfect additional color too! I love this take on the photo!!

ElizStewart said...

Soooo cute!

Nancy said...

I love that you went the same direction as me with a birdhouse. This is darling, Lisa.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your take on the photo! That birdhouse is perfect to depict the cabanas and love the kraft background with the white dots to simulate the sand.

Bobby said...

Your bird house is adorable, Lisa.

Ina G said...

Fabulous and such a colourful creative card Lisa. Great colours taken from our mood board.

Lisa Elton said...

If I were a bird, I would pick this darling birdhouse of yours to live in! So sweet, Lisa!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin