Saturday, July 8, 2023

Just Us Girls #687 - Word Week

 Hello!  Nancy has chosen the word Seashells for the current challenge over at Just Us Girls.

I sent her a message earlier this week saying that I wasn't going to be able to participate this week because I had nothing shell related...not even pattern paper.  Then the next day I went to Dollar Tree to get some decorations for a party I was having at my house and walked down the craft aisle.  What did I see?  A stencil with a shell on it!  It's a pretty bad "stencil" if you want to call it that, but it did the job.  I used Pink Fresh Peach Fuzz ink to stencil the shell.  Then I remembered a card I saw on FB this week that was a shell theme with this sentiment!  I wish I could remember whose card it was because I'd love to give them credit, but I couldn't find it.  (It was Chari Moss!  Here’s the link to her blog:  Mossy Made).  I thought it was so cute and had to use it.  I die cut the letters three times and layered them for dimension.  I added shimmer to the letter and added a preprinted sentiment.  I mounted it on peach cardstock.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Yay for the $tree! Your card turned out terrific 😊

Carol said...

I saw the Shello card you were talking about and saved it. Yours is fabulous and what a fun story how the store saved the day for you!!!

Nancy said...

Well, Shello to you too! I so appreciate the extra length you went to play along with my challenge. This card could not have turned out any cuter and I love the greeting so much! Thanks, Lisa!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun greeting and a fun find! This turned out great, Lisa!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so cute! I love how the dollar store came through for you with this shell stencil. Great shading on the shell and around the edges. Love the sentiment.

Bobby said...

Dollar Tree to the rescue. You made a fabulous card with this simple stencil, Lisa, and the sentiment is perfect.

Julia Aston said...

What a great sentiment to go with your lovely stenciled shell - you just never know what you'll find at Dollar Tree! I've purchased several lovely crafty items there!

cm said...

Score on finding the stencil; it's quite pretty! The sentiment makes me smile! Great card; great shopping!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

What a timely visit to Dollar Tree and able to pick up that delicate shell stencil. Like how you layered the SHELLO sentiment Lisa.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin