Saturday, July 15, 2023

Just Us Girls #688 - Photo or Mood Board Challenge

 Hi friends!  Our teammate Lisa is the hostess at Just Us Girls this week for the Photo or Mood Board Challenge.  I love the photos she has chosen...so many possibilities!

I chose to use the pink and raspberry colors in the photos as well as flowers.  I got this stencil and die set in the March Crop and Create event from Gina K Designs.  I started by die cutting the floral piece and then used the stencils to color it in.  I added some dots on the flowers with another stencil from Gina K.  I used a lighter green for the leaves then used a darker green on the base of the leaves for some dimension.  I stenciled a circle with pink ink to layer the floral piece on.  (To be honest, I wanted to use an oval but went with the circle because I was going to enter this in the Seize the BIRTHDAY challenge where they want you to use circles on your card.  My card is not a birthday card!  Ugh!)  I die cut the floral piece two more times for dimension and adhered it to the white piece and layered that onto a black mat.  I added pearls to the flower centers and shimmer to the little flowers.  I needed a card for a bridal shower and thought this sentiment from a Gina K stamp set was perfect.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Sweet Sentiments (Gina K)
Paper:  White, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, ballet slipper, sparkling rose, raspberry bliss, lemon whip, fresh pear, olive
Accessories:  Curved Floral Banner layering stencil and die set (Gina K), Masks & Fillers stencil (Gina K), pearls, shimmer


7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

The layered stencils make for the best cards! Fun dotted flowers

Carol said...

Pretty spray of flowers and the dots on them are my favorite detail! Pretty shower card...the bride will love it!

Nancy said...

I love your dotted flowers, Lisa. So creative!!

cm said...

Smitten with your dotted flowers, arranged so beautifully. A pretty card in every way; a fabulous take on the mood board!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

I wish I had that sentiment, Lisa, since I need a bridal shower card too. Yours is lovely with the dotted flowers and inked circle. I hate to tell you how many times I've made a card and didn't follow the prompts of the challenge.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I totally love those polka dot flowers! Beautiful design and ink blending on that circle. Beautiful card!

Ina G said...

So sweet and so pretty Lisa.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin