Sunday, July 12, 2009

Featured Stamper Challenge

Happy Sunday everyone! I'm back playing the SCS challenges I love! Today is the Featured Stamper challenge and Kelly, aka shirmcat, is the featured stamper! She's got a great style and there were so many cards to choose from, but I chose this one. I liked the theme of the card, the layout, and of course the buttons! So here is my version of her card. I kept the layout, but changed pretty much everything else. The dp is SU's retired Good Morning Sunshine. Boy, am I going to miss this Summer Sun dp! I've used it so much and just love it! I punched the edges with an EK Success punch. It kind of reminded me of the trail that a bee might leave (I was planning on piercing some holes for the bee's trail, but forgot!) The flower stems are from PTI's Women of Life set and the yellow buttons are PTI's as well. The red ones are some I picked up from JoAnn's. The ribbon was from Michael's dollar bin. Love it! I stamped, colored and cut out the bee (from Buggy Sayings by PMS), then added star dust stickles to its wings. The flowers were punched with SU punches. The background was sponged with a scalloped oval and Baja Breeze ink. The sentiment is from PTI's Mixed Messages. I'm going to send this to a friend that hasn't been feeling well lately, and hopefully it will cheer her up!

Thanks for stopping in! Have a great week!
Recipe
Stamps: Women of Life, Mixed Messages (PTI); Buggy Sayings (PMS)
Paper: Black, Neenah white, summer sun, real red, Good Morning Sunshine dp (retired SU)
Ink: Memento black, baja breeze, close to cocoa, wild wasabi
Copic Markers: Y08, 11; R32; W-3, 7
Accessories: EK Success border punch, SU flower punches, ribbon, star dust stickles, buttons, dimensionals

5 comments:

Kim said...

Lisa, that's adorable!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Lisa. I love the fun whimsical style. Great dp. I think it is perfect for this card. TFS

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!! tfs!!

Stephanie said...

That card is sure to cheer her up! It is beautiful!

Katie Cotton said...

this is so stinkin cute!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin