Monday, June 25, 2012

A Jubilee Celebration

My mother-in-law asked me to make a card for the priest at her church, Father Larry, who is celebrating his Jubilee as a priest.  In the Catholic Church, once a priest reaches the age of 75, he has to retire.  Father Larry has reached this age and his parish is celebrating with a party today.  I wanted to make something special to commemorate this special occasion.  I purchased this pretty shiny gold paper from AC Moore and used almost the entire 8.5"x11" paper on it.  The cross is from PTI's Everday Blessings and it was embossed in detail gold embossing powder.  I cut it out using MFT's Vertical Greetings die.  I added some gold crystals around it and in the middle of the cross.  I found this ivory rick-rack with gold glitter on it which was the perfect accent for the card.  The roses are Primas.

Because of the roses, the card was too bulky to put into an envelope.  So I used one of the clear boxes from PTI and decorated it with a gold ribbon and bow.  My MIL loved it!  I once again forgot to take a picture of the inside.  I used a sentiment and a decorative stamp from the Everyday Blessings set embossed in gold as well.

 I used this sketch from Sweet Sunday sketches again.

 And here's a picture of my niece Maria at her graduation.  We are so proud of her!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a great day!

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin