Saturday, June 23, 2012

Just Us Girls #142 - Inspiration Photo Challenge

Happy Summer!  Today begins Day 1 of my summer!  I wrapped up my classroom yesterday for the summer and didn't have to get up at 5:00 am this morning!  Although I have a busy day today.  My niece Maria is graduation from high school today and her party is today as well.  We are so proud of her!  She wants to be a doctor and I hope she can endure the grueling studies ahead of her.  But she is a very determined young lady, so I don't doubt for a minute she'll achieve her goal. 

But I digress.  Today begins our 142nd Just Us Girls challengeVicki has generously taken on the new inspiration photo challenges and she's come up with a great photo today.  Great for the beginning of summer...a picnic with hot dogs and chips!  Yumm-o!

 I went pretty literal with the photo.   I knew I wanted to use PTI's Vintage Picnic and Vintage Picnic Sentiments stamp sets for this card.  I used the die to cut the picnic basket out of white cardstock, then colored it with copic markers.  I stamped the flowers on a Spellbinder's die and colored that with copics as well.  I also used some Antique Linen ink to distress it.  The red checked paper is from Rosy paper pack by My Mind's Eye and the stripe from Basic Grey's PB&J.  I used a SU punch and Riding Hood Red paper for the border.  The ribbon is SU's Crushed Curry dotted ribbon.  The flowers are Prima and I added a silver and crystal flower in the center.  The banner is a die from WPlus9 Design Studio that seems to be getting lots of use lately!  I did add some Star Dust Stickles to the centers of the flowers in the basket that is hard to see, but it just adds some sparkle.

 The sketch is this one from Card Patterns.    Loved it!  I'm also entering it into the Moxie Fab World gingham challenge.

We have some great inspiration for you from the JUGs design team.  We also are bidding a fond farewell to our much loved Dana Gustafson.  She will be sorely missed, but life is getting busy with her family and it was time for her to move on.  We wish her well!  But you can still see the rest of what the team did at these blogs.

Thanks for stopping by today!  I'm hoping to get some more stamping and posting in now that I'm on vacation!  I need to start playing for fun!  See you soon!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Wohooo! Summer is here! Your take on the inspiration is fabulous. Love the gorgeous picnic basket! Big congrats to your niece!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to SUMMER it out! Great inspired card~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin