Thursday, July 11, 2013

10 Minute Dash x 5!

Like my title?  I'm taking the Summer Card Camp 2 from Online Card Classes and the challenge today was to create a card in 10 minutes or less.  Well I failed miserably!  I had my timer on and was on my way, but I hit the 10 minute mark and probably would have finished in about 12 minutes, but then the phone rang (my iPhone which is what I was using as my timer).  Well, I forgot all about the challenge and kept on talking.  When I hung up, I remembered the timer.  It was at about 51 minutes!  Hence the 10 x 5 in my title!  Oh well!
 
Here's my 51 minute card!  I made this for my father-in-law who had some minor surgery this week and is in some discomfort.  I like this sentiment from a Paper Smooches set called First Aid Kit.  I stamped the bandage on Blush Blossom cardstock in Versamark then embossed it in white ep so that it looked like a bandage.  I stamped the heart (from Verve's Hearts on Fire set) in the middle with Dusty Durango ink.  I cut it out and mounted it on the panel with dimensionals.  The sentiment, from the same PS set, was stamped in Memento cocoa ink.  The dp is Basic Grey's Life of the Party.  I added a piece of ribbon and a button threaded with some twine.  The main panel and the base of the card are Cajun Craze.
 
I don't always finish off the inside of my cards until I need them so here is the finished off inside.  I used First Aid Kit and Sentiment Sampler for the sentiments.  The "and" is from PTI's Fresh Alphabet set.
 
I used this Retro Sketch for my layout.


Thanks for stopping by!
 
Retro
Stamps:  First Aid Kit and Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches), Hearts on Fire (Verve), Fresh Alphabet (PTI)
Paper:  Vintage Ivory, Cajrun craze, Life of the Party (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Memento rich cocoa, dusty Durango, Versamark
Accessories:  White ep, button, ribbon, twine, dimensionals, corner rounder

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Well 10 x 5 or 10 x 1...I love the end result. Super cute!

Crystal said...

Wow Lisa what a fantastic creation, love this inside and out...beautful

Marisa said...

Totally adorable card, Lisa!! Sure your FIL will love receiving it :)

Patrice said...

Great card - I hope you join me at 52 Card Pickup again this week!
http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-228.html

Unknown said...

Beautifully done, Lisa! I've been participating in the 10 minute craft dash challenge - it's TONS of fun, but it really makes you plan out your project from start to finish before you sit down. HOWEVER - I find it incredibly rewarding, because often I sit at my desk and flounder, not sure what to make -- so this forces me to do it, and do it fast! ha ha ha ha. Hope your father in law is doing well, and I'm sure your card brightened his day :) Have a goodie!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin