Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Mixed Media Color Challenge #3

Hi everyone!  How's your summer going?  I spent most of the day with my mom at the mall to stay cool!  I don't mind the heat, but I hate the humidity!  Does nasty things to my hair!  LOL!
 
But I did squeak some time in my cool basement to make a card for A Mixed Media Color Challenge

I started with some water color paper and Distress Stains in Faded Jeans and Broken China.  I spritzed it with water and then let it dry.  I did use a heat tool to make the ink travel around a bit.  I like the look...kind of like marble.  Then I used my new find...Modeling Cream.  I used it before in a pearl color, and I found it in gold at Hobby Lobby.  I used it with a stencil I also found at Hobby Lobby.  The sentiment (which is not centered now that I look at it!) was stamped with Delicata Golden Ritz ink.  The stamp is from Hands of Time by Papertrey Ink.  The rose is from Prima.  I wanted the gold to match the sentiment, so I took a piece of cardstock and inked it with the gold ink then cut it into strips and glued them next to each side.  Jennifer McGuire does this all the time to save on paper!  

I used the CAS(E) This Sketch for my layout.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Hands of Time (PTI)
Paper:  Vintage cream, water color paper
Ink:  Delicata golden ritz, Distress inks:  faded jeans, broken china
Accessories:  Gold modeling cream, stencil, prima flower, dimensionals

Photobucket

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Lisa! The background looks wonderful and that gold ornate frame is so elegant looking! Hope you stay cool! Thanks for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

sallysbitz2 said...

Great take on the sketch.
Such a beautiful, elegant card x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, this is so Pretty! LOVE the frame and that Gorgeous flower! Thx for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin