Thursday, July 27, 2017

Time Out #88 - Inspired by Words

Hello everyone!  The current challenge over on the Time Out blog is the Inspired by Words challenge.  Here's the quote to get you inspired:
 
If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. 
 
I was inspired by the word sunbeams and used this rays stencil to start with.  I used three of the distress oxide inks.  Once I inked up the stencil, I spritzed it with water to get the oxide look and some water droplet marks.  When that was dry, I stamped the sentiment and spritzed it with shimmer spritz.  The word die was die cut four times and layered.   It too was spritzed with shimmer spritz.  I mounted this on a black mat and added some clear sequins.  This sentiment was inspired by the quote too.

 
You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Toni, on the
 
Recipe
Stamps:  All About You (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white, Bristol smooth white, black
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, candied apple, abandoned coral, spiced marmalade
Accessories:  Rays stencil (TH), big you die (SSS), fun foam. shimmer spritz, sequins
 



10 comments:

sandie said...

Love all the shimmer on this card, the stencil is fab, great card for this phrase x

Lynn said...

The stencil is absolutely fabulous and your inking is amazing!

Anita in France said...

Bold, graphic and deliciously dramatic, Lisa ... the shimmer is fantastic on those wonderfully stencilled rays! Hugs, Anita :)

Nonni said...

I bet the shimmer looks fantastic IRL! This is a great stencil and I love your bold sentiment die, it adds a lot of interest to the card! Great job!

Joyce said...

I love the sun rays you created. They are so bold and happy.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

So sorry it took so long for me to get around to commenting on the #88 DT cards. You and I had the same thought in going for this stencil. Love the way you placed it and I love the sentiment.

Jill V said...

I love how you used this stencil -the vibrant colours really make this a bold and fun card! Love it!

Jenny Colacicco said...

Gorgeous!! Lovely card, such a great approach for the word inspiration. Those colours really pop.

Katherine Thayer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine Thayer said...

Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this topic with me so I came to look it over. I'm definitely loving this information.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin