Saturday, August 18, 2018

Just Us Girls #454 - Color Week

Hi there!  This week Just Us Girls has a great color challenge brought to us by Angie. Great for any type of card.
 
So I watched the latest Jennifer McGuire video...surprising right?  She called her technique on this video Framed Stamping.  When I watched it the other day, I knew it was something I could easily do.  I thought these colors would work well with the design I had in mind.  I started by masking off the triangle shape and stamped this Penny Black floral image I got as a gift from my friend Cheryl.  I stamped it using C. Pooler inks...ink direct to stamp.  I added some shading with Tombo markers.  I removed the mask and stamped the triangle in aqua ink and the sentiment in black.  I mounted this panel onto an aqua panel and then adhered that to the card base.  I added some Nuvo drops in the challenge colors to finish it off.  Very easy card to create!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our August guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Lustrous (Penny Black), Bold Basics (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, tempting turquoise
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, limoncello, garden party, fiesta blue
Accessories:  Nuvo drops, masking paper 


10 comments:

Nancy said...

There you are again....pulling up the rear with a fabulous design! Boy I wish I had your talents! Cyber hugs!

Bobby said...

I saw that video too, Lisa, and you executed the technique perfectly. The yellow flower is big enough to not get lost behind the frame. I can see doing multiples of this.

cm said...

WOW! A+++ in using this technique! Your yellow flower..stunning!
hugs~c

Ina G said...

Simply stunning and just gorgeous in this weeks colours. A real 'Beauty' Lisa.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the colors - killer job with the framing :)

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card and what a great design!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful framed sentiment and the flowers peeking around the frame is stunning! Awesome use of the colors.

Maria said...

This is beautiful! That floral looks amazing in the background and your framed sentiment is awesome! Great job.

Macimbalo said...

Love that technique you used and the way you used this week's colors is stunning!

Sue Lelli said...

Oh, Lisa, that masking just makes your card even more STUNNING! LOVE the sentiment in the diamond and your Gorgeous blooms!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin