Saturday, August 25, 2018

Just Us Girls #455 - Photo Inspiration

Hi friends!  This week Just Us Girls has a Photo Inspiration challenge.  Vicki chose this back to school photo, and I had to laugh because I just retired from teaching!  I don't have to look at this stuff anymore (although I must admit I will miss it a bit!).
 
So I went in a different direction.  I chose the colors as my inspiration.  I was organizing my recent purchases and wanted to stamp out this turnabout stamp from Concord & 9th.  I chose two colors in the brown tones, one in a blue, and another in a peachy color.  I kind of saw that color a bit in the photo (plus I liked the way it looked with the other colors!).  I chose these Spellbinders dies because it looked like one of the shapes in the photo as well.  I stamped the sentiment and some leaves and splatter on the white piece and matted it on chocolate brown cardstock.  The white panels were spritzed with shimmer spray and the main panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle.  You can't really tell, but I did add some crystals on the main panel and the chocolate mat.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our August guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Thankful Leaves Turnabout (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, chocolate chip
Ink:  Melon (SSS), stone blue, sand castle, over coffee (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle die (MFT), Spellbinders label 5 dies, MISTI, crystals, shimmer spritz, fun foam 


4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome (non school ;)) inspired card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful background in those colors! Love the way you framed the sentiment with the flowers, too!

Ros Crawford said...

I love how you used those colours on this wonderful card... Fabulous stamping!! Thanks ever so much for having me with you this past month!

cm said...

Gorgeous! And I love that you decided to go the 'non-school' route!
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin