Saturday, March 2, 2019

Just Us Girls #477 - Word Week

Hello everyone!  It's Word Week at Just Us Girls and Vicki chose Birthday!  Easy peasy!
 
I didn't have lots of time to create a card, so when I went to my craft table I found this floral piece siting there.  This is not pattern paper.  It's Altenew washi over cardstock.  I purchased this washi from my stamp store and added it to the cardstock the other day.  It's very cool washi because it's so large.  I used a stitched rectangle to give it some texture and mounted it on some new Lawn Fawn cardstock that was also die cut with a stitched rectangle.  Then all I did was added the sentiment banner and some crystals and adhered the panel to the base.  Very fast card!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new March guest, Greta Hess, on the
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Banner Style (PTI)
Paper:  Vintage cream, Spiffy Speckles (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle dies (MFT), Banner Style die (PTI), painted fantasy washi (Altenew), crystals, dimensionals 


7 comments:

cm said...

Swooning over the gorgeous washi which, if it were in my collection, would be hoarded! Absolutely stunning!
hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

Great minds!!! Love your card Lisa!!!

Ina G said...

How can one piece of washi tape make such a spectacular card? Easy as this is truly a stunning piece. Great for when time is scarce and you have produced a beauty here. Nice finish with the curved birthday sentiment Lisa. It's always funny when you see a fellow designer use exactly the same item and make a spectacular card too.

Nancy said...

Quick and beautiful works for me! Love it!

Lilou752 said...

(sorry, I leave my message as a comment because I didn't find contact form on your blog, hoping you'll see it soon.
Please answer directly to my email address elise.amann(at)wanadoo.fr).

Hello Lisa !
I'm writting an article for the issue 52 of the french magazine called "Passion cartes créatives".
The subject is "silhouettes and again the light scenes"...
I wish to show your beautiful card within this article.
(seen here : https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4WHfL3fWazI/V1IseXTfVvI/AAAAAAAAL7E/pzHzafjUnrEq1-jzr8YpNVpM0MD_XKF1ACLcB/s1600/JUGS346.jpg)
Would you agree with that ?
(if you have other cards you want to share with our readers, they would be welcome !)
If yes, could you please send me as soon as possible a high resolution photo of your creation (without watermark on it) ?
Of course, your name or pen name if you want will appear next to the image, and the address of your blog will be in the address book.
Thank you in advance for your quick answer, even if it is negative, so that I can get organized (I have to give my paper very soon).
Best Regards,
Elise AMANN

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Absolutely stunning! I am still amazing that the background is a washi sheet! Love how you added the banner sentiment not hiding all of that beauty!

Bobby said...

Even though you and Angie used the same washi, the cards are so different. I love yours bordered with the pink, Lisa.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin