Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Mom's 90th Birthday!

My mom's 90th birthday is today...the first day of Spring!  We are having a little party on Friday with family and friends to celebrate.  But today, she is getting a birthday cake to share with her friends at her nursing home and this card.
 
This was my third attempt at making this card!  I first stamped it on watercolor paper and tried watercoloring.  Major fail and it ended in the trash!  Then I tried Zigs on Bristol smooth cardstock.  That worked until I tried to mask the flower and sponge some Distress ink around it.  There was some splotching and dark patches that appeared from where, I do not know!  I tried to cut it out to save it, but failed again!  So I tried again with the Zigs and used another blue marker to watercolor around it.  That worked, finally!  I added it to a scalloped mat and then added the die cut numbers and sentiment.  The panel was sprayed with shimmer and I added some star dust stickles to the center of the yellow flower and some crystals.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Fresh Cut Flower background (MFT). Birthday Greetings (GinaK)
Paper:  Bristol smooth white, recollections white, melon mambo
Ink:  Amalgam (GinaK), Versafine onyx black, zig markers
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle (MFT), Outside In Stitched rectangle (Lawn Fawn), By the Numbers border die (PTI), crystals, shimmer spritz, star dust stickles, craft foam 


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Third time is a charm for sure! This is stunning! So glad you didn't give up! Happy BIrthday to your MOM!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin