Saturday, August 10, 2019

Just Us Girls #500!!! - Trend Week

Hello friends!  Just Us Girls is celebrating its 500th challenge!  We started this challenge blog way back in October of 2009.  Maria and I are the original members, and we've had so many great designers on the team since then as well as so many guest designers!  I love this challenge and the girls I've "met" through it.  I also want to give a shout out to Vicki who coordinates everything for us and Nancy who creates these fabulous graphics for us.
 
Vicki also coordinated the prizes from three different sponsors.  Check out the JUGs blog for more information.
 
The trend challenge is CIRCLES.
 
I found these birds and flowers on my desk.  I colored them a while ago and forgot about them.  To get the circles in the card, I used a new Altenew stencil called Bubble Wrap and tumbled glass distress oxide ink.  I die cut that panel with a stitched rectangle and adhered it to the card base.  Then I just layered the birds (on dimensionals) and flowers on that panel along with two sentiment strips.  I added shimmer to them and then crystals for more shine.  Easy peasy card because of the pre-colored images!
 
You can see more inspiration from the JUGs design team and our August guest, Tristan, on the JUGs blog.
 
 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Toucan Do It (C. Pooler)
Paper:  Recollections white, X-Press It blending card
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, tumbled glass DO, copic markers
Accessories:  Toucan Do It dies (CP), stitched rectangle die (MFT), Bubble Wrap stencil (Altenew) spectrum noir shimmer, crystals, dimensionals


8 comments:

Macimbalo said...

What a cool card, love your birds and that background is perfect! Great card for the 500th challenge!

Tristan said...

I love it when you have precoloured and cut images perfect for a project. these birds are lovely Lisa.

Nancy said...

Thanks for the shout out! I love you and my fellow JUGS girls too! You have been on JUGS a long time. Do you think we all will last till 1,000? It's only a mere 10 more years or so. LOL Love your birds and that fun background too! I just bought the color Tumbled Glass and can't wait to use it. Great card as always!

Ina G said...

Love those cute colourful birds Lisa and what an amazing circled background. What a milestone we have at JUGS this week. How special that you and Maria have been there from the start and still going strong. I am so lucky to be part of this special bunch of 'friends'.

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the fun colored birds with the polka dot background! Fun card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Congratulations on 500 challenges! I am so proud and glad to be a part of this team of wonderful ladies.
Your card is awesome! I love that softly stenciled background of circles and your topical birds are so vibrant and beautiful!

Bobby said...

Your colorful birds look right at home on the softly stenciled circles, Lisa.

Marlena M. said...

I've never seen those adorable birds before~you've colored them beautifully too, Lisa! Fun stencil for the backdrop~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin