Saturday, August 31, 2019

Just Us Girls #503 - Wild Card Week

Hey friends!  It's the fifth Saturday of August (and the last day of August, boo-hoo) and it's Wild Card Week at Just Us Girls.  Sue wants us to splash something on our cards for this challenge.  Easy enough!
 
I went to a stamp and scrap show last weekend here in Buffalo, NY and bought lots of new stuff with my friend Cheryl.  This thinlits die from Tim Holtz was one of them.  I kept it simple and cased the picture on the package.  I die cut the die and leaves first, then sponged distress oxide ink behind them with the Taylored Expressions brushes to get the soft colors.  For the challenge, I splashed some of the new Lawn Fawn liquid stardust and watered down peeled paint distress oxide on the panel.  The sentiment was stamped in C. Pooler black jack ink.  I wanted a softer color so I used this instead of black.  I also added crystals to finish it off and some of the liquid stardust on the berries in the center of the flower.  This panel is mounted on craft foam for dimension.  First card for the holidays done!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and Tristan Dawes, our August guest, on the JUGs blog. This is her last challenge with us for the month and I'd like to thank her for being such an awesome guest.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Happy Happy Happy (Lawn Fawn)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Mustard seed, festive berries, peeled paint distress oxide; black jack (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Poinsettia thinlits (T. Holtz), liquid stardust (Lawn Fawn), crystals, craft foam 


6 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Your creation is gorgeous. Tim Holtz and Catherine Pooler have some great products. I'll probably create mine CASEing yours but with SU dies along with help from Tim and Ken Oliver.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is fabulous! I love your beautifully blended colors with that awesome die and your splashes of colors are absolutely perfect!

Nancy said...

Fun to go to a stamp show with a friend. This is such a great stencil and I can see why you made the purchase. Love the softness of the colors and sentiment too!

Macimbalo said...

Wowsers, this is gorgeous! I love that die and esp the way you used the inks behind it - awesome! Your splatters are awesome too!

Ina G said...

Stunning Lisa. That die is awesome and I love the colours you chose. Just a sprinkle of splatters and crystals are perfect.

Bobby said...

Your card is lovely, Lisa. The soft colors behind the die look wonderful with the green splatters.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin