Saturday, September 21, 2019

Just Us Girls #506 - Color Week

Hi there!  I'm hostess this week at Just Us Girls for our Color Week.  The colors I've chosen are white, mint green, and shades of gray.
 
Let me first say that I'm not happy with my photo.  The color is so washed out!  In person, the green is much more vibrant.  All that aside, I stamped the outline of the flower then added the green shading and a darker gray in the center.  The flower was masked in order to stamp the light gray leaves behind it.  I added the sentiment and crystals and shimmer to the center of the flower.  This main panel was mounted on a gray base with craft foam.  I really love this color combo.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our September guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Floral Art and Painted Poppy (Altenew)
Paper:  Recollections white and gray
Ink:  Twilight, mint to be, black jack (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle (MFT), sequins, craft foam, spectrum noir shimmer 


6 comments:

cm said...

What a pretty flower you've selected, Lisa...and you've elevated it to gorgeous with your inking! Love this! I think this was a fabulous colour combination this week; different and fun!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

The color looks fine to me, Lisa. That large flower really looks beautiful in mint green.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your big mint bloom! Such a gorgeous creation and awesome choice of colors for us this week. Absolutely love this!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty - loved these colors together

Nancy said...

Love your card no matter if it's washed out or not! Great job with the colors!

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous Lisa. Beautiful stamping and I so loved this weeks colours.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin