Saturday, October 5, 2019

Just Us Girls #508 - Word Week

Hello!  It's Word Week at Just Us Girls and Nancy chose Designer Paper.  I used to use DP on all my cards, but don't use it as much anymore so I was glad to see Nancy choose this for the challenge.  I have so many pretty papers to choose from!

So, The Greetery...LOVE their designs!  I've always loved Betsy Veldman's style when she worked for PTI so I was so happy to see her continue with her talent in her new stamp company.  This was one of those sets that I just fell in love with.  I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do enjoy a chai tea from Starbucks.  I wanted to use some muted but more fall-ish colors for this card.  All of the stamped images are two-step stamps.  On the cup/saucer and spoon, the second step is for shading.  The "coffee" part is stamped in a lighter brown and a darker brown on top.  The sprig was stamped in two shades of peach/rust.  For the coaster, I die cut it from gingham designer paper from PTI.  I love how that die cuts the fringe as well as pierces the paper in a diamond shape.  I added the sentiment on a sentiment strip, added twine to the sprig (there are two of them tied together), and sequins. 
 
We have a new guest for October, and it happens to be our favorite former JUGs designer, Chris Dring. So happy to have her joining us once again this month!  You can see more from Chris and our JUGs design team on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

 Recipe
Stamps:  Cozy Cup (The Greetery); Tiny Words (SSS)
Paper:  Recollections white, blush, Gotta Have Gingham (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Versafine onyx black; seafoam, bellini, polished, sand castle, over coffee, twilight (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Cozy Cup dies (Greetery), cozy cup coaster die (Greetery), twine, crystals, dimensionals, liquid stardust


5 comments:

Nancy said...

I adore this set too! Your card is fabulous! Love the fringe and paper choice for your placemat! The added pop of red/orange of your sprig is splendid! Excellent card and enjoy your day!

Macimbalo said...

Ah, my favorite die! I've been obsessed with using it on cards because of that fringe! I love your card so much - your papers are stunning and the whole card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is fantastic! I love your coffee cup and saucer sitting on that fabulous patterned coaster. The addition of those pretty sprigs tied with twine is perfect.

Ina G said...

WOW! What an amazing die you used here Lisa. I have never seen it before Makes it perfect behind your amazing cuppa die cuts. Love the sprigs to finish it off. Gorgeous card.

Chris Dring said...

Wow! Love this card so much! The soft colors, and that coaster die is fabulous! Very happy to be guesting with you all this month!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin