Saturday, October 19, 2019

Just Us Girls #510 - Color Week

Hi friends!  This week is Color Week at Just Us Girls and Sue chose a great color combo of purple, navy and green.  I love this combo!

I thought a great way to incorporate all those colors would be to use a turnabout stamp from Concord & 9th.  I chose this fall-ish one so I could use it on a Thanksgiving card.  I used two greens to get the full turnabout effect on a 6x6" piece of cardstock.  I cut that into two 2x5.5" pieces so I could make two cards.  I cut a small strip of purple cardstock to add more color and separate it from the white area of the base.  I stamped the scene image and sentiment in navy and the leaf in green.  I decided not to color the scene.  I liked the line image and simplicity it gave to the card.  I'm making more of these because they were so simple and fast to create.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our October guest, Chris Dring, on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Thankful Leaves TAB (Concord & 9th), Autumn Hills (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, purple
Ink:  Sage, eucalyptus, juniper mist, royal treatment (CPooler) 



8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the stamped border! Great use of the colors

Macimbalo said...

This is so pretty, I can't stop looking at it! I love how you made all the leaves!!!

Bobby said...

I didn't know there was a turnabout with those leaves, Lisa. It's wonderful and the colors work perfectly with it. I do like the image uncolored to tie in with the leaf outlines.

Ina G said...

Love how those leaves turned out so beautifully and nice choice not to colour the scene on the side. Stunning layout Lisa. Love it!

Nancy said...

Brilliant to cut the panel into two!!! Love the direction you took for these colors! This is sensational!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love all of those gorgeous leaves and perfect use of the colors! Your design is so pretty and I love how you separated the panels with the purple strip. Such a great Thanksgiving card.

cm said...

Love the dual design of your card, Lisa! Gorgeous leaves (another turnabout on my wish list) and a beautiful, welcoming house scene! Such a clever take on the challenge colours!
hugs~carol

Chris Dring said...

Wow! Just Wow! This design is A.Maz.Ing!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin