Saturday, January 4, 2020

Just Us Girls #517 - Word Week

Hi friends! It's been a while since the Just Us Girls challenge has been up.  We were on a month-long break for the holidays.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  My hubby and I were in Buenos Aires with a side trip to Uruguay for two weeks then the holidays came upon us very quickly.  And now they are over.  Tree needs to come down in the next couple of days, and things will be back to normal.
 
Anyway, we are on Word Week for this challenge.  And Angie has chosen SNOWFLAKES.
 
 I needed some thank you cards, so this was a fun word to work with.  I was playing around with some pearl alcohol inks for the first time.  These are so shimmery!  I made three panels and six cards from them!  The first two are the same design, but on this one I used  blue, purple and green inks.  I cut a panel to fit behind this pretty snowflake die cut.  I added it to the panel with craft foam for dimension.  The word die is two pieces:  I die cut the bottom layer from purple cardstock and the top from white and layered them together.  I added crystals for more sparkle.

On this alcohol ink panel, I only used blue and purple inks.  A more intense look, I think.
 
This one is my favorite, except it didn't photograph well, and I was disappointed. I die cut the snowflake panel and layered the alcohol inked panel to it.  That was placed on a purple stitched rectangle panel.  I love the dainty word die cut.  It was perfect to fit in a small area.  I again added crystals for sparkle.

 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our January guests, Mary and Hannelie, on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe: Cards #1&2
Paper: Recollections white, purple, alcohol ink cardstock
Ink:  Alcohol pearls:  villainous, envy, celestial
Accessories:  Sensational snowflake collage die (SSS), thick and thin die (PTI), crystals, craft foam
 
Recipe:  Card #3
Paper:  Recollections white, purple, alcohol ink cardstock
Ink:  Alcohol pearls:  villainous, envy, celestial
Accessories:  Snowflake window die (MFT), Impression Obsession word die, stitched rectangle die (MFT) crystals, craft foam
 
 


8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous backgrounds to your snowflakes!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous snowflake cards Lisa. Loving the AI backgrounds.

Nancy said...

You inspire me every single time!!! I adore what you have done here with your Alcohol Inks and that cover plate is awesome too! LOVE!!!!!! Happy New Year talented one!!

Nancy said...

Is that Cover die MFT???? I need it bad! LOL

Macimbalo said...

Wow, gorgeous! I really love those alcohol pearl inks - your snowflake card is so inspiring!!!

Bobby said...

I haven't played with my alcohol inks in a while but after seeing these gorgeous cards I need to, Lisa. I don't have the pearls but I always love the colorful blending of alcohol inks. Your snowflake die cuts showed them off beautifully.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love the alcohol ink backgrounds! They really showcase those pretty snowflakes.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What a fabulous set of cards, Lisa. You did an amazing job with these alcohol inks. Thanks so very much for your warm welcome in the JUGS Team.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin