Saturday, January 18, 2020

Just Us Girls #519 - Color Week

Hi friends!  It's Color Week at Just Us Girls and Sue chose purple, pink, and red.  Perfect for this time of year!


I actually made three cards.  I don't know the name of this technique, but basically you put down some color (or you could use pattern paper), stamp an image in versamark and heat emboss it with clear embossing powder, then add another color over it.  The first color you put down is captured under the embossing.  On this one, I put down some pink oxide ink then stamped this pretty floral background stamp with versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I applied some purple ink over that.  I buffed off ink that was sitting on top of the embossing.  I added the red heart with embossed sentiment and the arrow.  Silver sequins completed the card.

 I did the same thing here but added red ink on the panel first, then went over it with purple ink and added a pink heart.
 
This card uses the same background stamp, but in a different way.  I just inked it up with pink, red, and purple inks for a sort of ombre look.  The red heart is inlaid in the panel.  The pink and red inks are a bit splotchy even after stamping it several times.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our January guests on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe:  Cards 1 & 2
Stamps:  Floral background (Stamp Market), Hugs & Kisses (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, red, regal rose
Ink:  Versamark, worn lipstick, festive berries, seedless preserves
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle and stitched hearts (MFT), arrow die (RC), sequins, white embossing powder, craft foam
 
Recipe:  Card #3
Stamps:  Floral background (Stamp Market), Feeling Groovy (Verve)
Paper:  Recollections white, red
Ink:  Be mine, rockin' red, flirty fuchsia, Versamark
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle and stitched hearts (MFT), white embossing powder, sequins, craft foam


5 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Three beautiful cards! I love the techniques you used on these creating the different looks using the same stamps. Awesome use of this week's colors! So cool that you got to meet up with Nancy!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your technique is perfect for the use of the colors!

Nancy said...

Not sure the name of it either but it is an awesome idea with these colors this week! I love all three of your cards! The first one is my favorite if I had to choose. I hope you are all settled back at home and are not freezing your bum off and missing the warmth too much. I loved meeting you and chatting with you on Saturday! Thanks for my presents too you are a sweetheart! HUGS!!!

Ina G said...

What an unusual technique you used here Lisa and what a stunning result you got. Love them. Nice to try something new. Great week to try it out with the three colours.

Bobby said...

It's called "trapped emboss resist", Lisa, and that floral stamp is perfect for it. The colors are so vibrant and beautiful. I love it with the ombre looks too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin