Saturday, January 11, 2020

Just Us Girls #518 - Trend Week

Hi friends!  The new challenge over at Just Us Girls is Trend Week.  Maria has chosen to create dimension.  I used some sort of dimension on 99% of my cards, so this was easy!


I pulled out this floral edge die to create dimension on this card.  When I was looking for pattern paper, I found this Doodlebug pack and it had some grays in it.  I love gray...it's a big staple in my closet!  I chose three patterns from the pack.  First, I used the lightest color to die cut the floral swag and the top layer of the "happy" word.  Then I used the medium color to die cut the edge of that panel (there are two dies in this set...one die cuts the floral swag and the other the edge).  Then I die cut the floral swag again in the dark color so I could inlay the leaves and petals.  I also used that dark color to die cut the bottom layer of the word.  The main panel was popped up on craft foam for the dimension.  I added the sub-sentiment and silver crystals to finish it off.  My photo skills are sub-par...this card is so much prettier in person.  And I love the sparkle from the crystals too!

You can see more from our JUGs design team and our January guests on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps: Happy Happy Happy (Lawn Fawn)
Paper:  Recollections white, Gingham Linen (Doodlebug)
Ink:  black jack (CP)
Accessories:  Big Happy die and Flower Swag die (SSS), crystals, craft foam 

10 comments:

cm said...

Your shades of grey card is stunning, Lisa! Love the floral edging!
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so pretty! Love the 3/4 top panel - well done

Anonymous said...

I love grey too!! Your card is beautiful, Lisa!!

Macimbalo said...

So cool, I bought this die and haven't used it yet! We seem to always get the same crafty goodies!!! Thanks for inspiring me to get it out and use it. Your card is stunning and I love the ombre look, then the dark flowers at the bottom.......such a perfect layout....I feel a CASE coming on!

Bobby said...

Flowers on the edge always look so fancy to me, Lisa. The gray and white combo is elegant and understated. Such a wonderful card.

Maria said...

Love the black and white! Awesome fun dimension. I'm with you I do love to add dimension all the time to my cards.

Ina G said...

All too often our cards when photographed don't look as good as they are IRL. This is such a lovely card and design. The muted grey look stunning here Lisa.

Nancy said...

Loving the colors this week Lisa! Such a pretty card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I am loving your shades of gray on this beautiful card! That floral swag with the inlaid pieces is beautiful. The perfect dimensional creation!

Cécile RIBON said...

A very beautiful card, Lisa! This floral edge looks gorgeous! And I love so much that classy color palette.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin