Saturday, August 15, 2020

Just Us Girls #549 - Color Week

Hi everyone!  Just Us Girls has a Color challenge going on this week.  The colors are a very pretty and interesting one...kraft, dark teal, and berry.
 
I think the hardest thing for me to do when participating in these challenges is deciding which stamp set to use.  I have too many!  I like to use ones that have never seen ink, like this one from WPlus 9.  I thought it would work well with the color challenge colors.  I started by die cutting and stamping the bird house, window box with flowers, pail with flowers and the other bouquets.  Then I used a oval mask and blended some kraft ink around the mask.  The tall flowers behind the pail of flowers was stamped directly onto the panel as was the sentiment.  I added a few of the die cuts with dimensionals, crystals, and shimmer to the flowers.   I must say that I cased the layout from a very pretty card I found on the WPlus 9 site, but changed many of the things from the original card.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our August guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  The Little Things (WP9)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Sand castle and over coffee (C. Pooler); honeysuckle and cranberry (C&9); tropical teal (MFT)
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle (MFT), The Little Things dies (WP9), masking oval (TE), crystals, dimensionals, craft foam 


8 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These images were the perfect choice for this color challenge! Awesome design and beautiful masking and blending around that oval.

Nancy said...

These images did work well with this trio of colors1 I am a birdhouse lover so this card speaks to me! Well done!

Ina G said...

Wow Lisa! What an awesome and very clever layout and how you worked those colours looks amazing. Love it!

cm said...

Yes, I'm overwhelmed by the number of stamps/dies and other assorted crafting products that have joined by collection of late! Obviously, I'm 'suffering' from pandemic shopping! Sheesh! The images you selected are perfect for the colours! Soooooo pretty!
hugs~carol

Bobby said...

Too many stamps? Is there such a thing? Right now I only have less that a quarter of my stamps with me so I'm struggling in a different way. I think that set is just darling, Lisa, and perfect for the challenge colors. I don't know how you resisted using it for so long.

Macimbalo said...

Oh so pretty! I love your card this week for the color challenge, the birdhouse, everything is amazing!!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little scene, this is wonderful!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a delightful country scene, Lisa! The blended background looks fabulous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin