Saturday, August 29, 2020

Just Us Girls #551 - Wild Card

Hi friends!  It's the last and fifth Saturday in August (can you believe summer is almost gone?), so it is our Wild Card challenge over at Just Us Girls.  Carol chose BUTTERFLIES for this challenge.
 
My friend Cheryl and I were just talking about butterflies in crafting the other day and I was thinking about my favorite butterfly die.  It's a stitched set from Lil' Inkers (now defunct I believe) that I pulled out for this card.  I just purchased this circle slim line die and had to use it.  I die cut a white panel with it and backed it with cardstock matching the pattern paper I used to die cut the butterflies.  I adhered that panel to the base and added crystals to match as well as smaller butterflies from the colored cardstock.  The sentiment was die cut from gray cardstock three times and stacked.  That's it!  Loving these slim line cards!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our guest for this month (her last month with us), Lisa Elton, on the JUGs blog.  Thanks for being a great guest this month Lisa!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, various colored cardstock, gray, Petite Gingham (MFT)
Accessories:  Slim braided circles panel die (Pink Fresh Studio), stitched butterflies die  (Lil' Inkers), butterfly delights die (Memory Box), wet paint cuts die (PTI), crystals, dimensionals, shimmer 


7 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the gingham butterflies against the matching cardstock. Awesome card Lisa. I am trying not to spend any more money but I really want some slimline products. I am off to check out Pink Fresh Studios. LOL

Celeste Goff said...

Love this beautifully colorful slimline card! I have yet to create a slimline yet but am definitely inspired to give it a try!

cm said...

How sweet your little butterflies, tucked into the circle openings! Yayyyy for a slimline card! Love this!
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

Your butterflies are darling, this is such a sweet card! I've enjoyed guesting with the team this month!

Macimbalo said...

Gorgeous card! Love the design and the dies you used too!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous layout Lisa. Love the colours and how they stand out in gingham. Love the added tiny one. Great finisher!

Bobby said...

This is so cute, Lisa. It reminds me of a quilt I once saw only on a smaller scale.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin