Thursday, May 6, 2021

Time Out #187 - Move

Hi all!  The new Time Out challenge is challenging us to MOVE.  Something I need to do more of!  It can mean anything...walking, running, bicycling, moving to a new home, or even a card that moves.

That's what I chose...a moving card.  I have many interactive dies and chose this sliding window die to create my card.  I have to admit I've never made one of these before, and this finished card isn't my first try!  It was kind of confusing until it wasn't, you know what I mean?  I started by cutting the main part from this green polka dot paper.  Then I did all the stamping and copic coloring and die cut the lovebirds.

When you pull on the twine, a panel comes up revealing a message on top and another bird on the bottom.  These are really cute and fun to make (once you know what you are doing!).

Here they are together.

So now I have some sad news to share.  Our Time Out administrator and founder, Sandie Monro, is leaving.  You can read about her reasons for leaving on the Time Out blog, but I just want to say that I am so grateful for having been on this team with her for what I think has been seven years.  She is the nicest person I have had the pleasure to know in this crafting world.  She sends you the nicest messages, checks up on you, sends birthday and holiday cards, and works harder than any blog administrator I know.  She will definitely be missed!  My best wishes go out to you Sandie, and I'm sure we will see you around blogland in the future!

You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Milla, on the

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Birds of Paradise and Troplical Tweets (Honey Bee)
Paper:  Recollection white, Polka Dot Parade (Sunny Studios)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copic markers
Accessories:  Sliding window dies (Sunny Studios), Birds of Paradise dies (Honey Bee), mini cloud stencil (MFT), twine, star dust stickles



3 comments:

sandie said...

Thank you Lisa for your lovely words-it means so much to me and you have been with me all the way and I have so enjoyed creating with you and thank you for all you have done x Well done for getting this interactive card made-what a great interpretation of the cue word. I adore the vibrant colours especially those adorable love birds! And what fun it would be to open this up-so very creative xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is s genius interpretation of our cue! I just love it. So colorful and fun!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is an amazing card Lisa! I love the way the little bird at the bottom is revealed going 'tada!' Your bright colours are perfect for a celebration too. Vicky x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin