Thursday, May 20, 2021

Time Out #188 - Inspiration Challenge

Hi there!  The new Time Out challenge this time is our Inspiration challenge.  We are challenged to be inspired from items inside our homes.  There's a twist of embossing too!

You know what I have a LOT of inside my home?  NEW STAMPS that have never been used!  LOL!  So I decided that was what I was inspired by.  Reverse Confetti and Hero Arts teamed up to create this graphic floral stamp set.  I loved the samples I saw with this set so I bought it.  I started by stamping and die cutting all the pieces and adhered them together.  Then I went to work on the background.  You can't see it in the photo, but I ran the white piece before stamping it through my die cut machine with a diagonal impression plate.  I then stamped it with the yellow ink.  Before I stamped it onto the cardstock, I stamped it off on a scrap piece.  I wanted a subtle background in that color.  For the yellow mat and sentiment piece, I used the same yellow ink and did the ink to paper technique.  I didn't have a yellow in this color cardstock, so I created my own with the ink.  The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and embossed in white.  I added yellow crystals and shimmer.

You can see more from the Time Out design team on the Time Out blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Better Together (Reverse Confetti and Hero Arts)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Versamark, catching rays, do-si-do, rouge, lime rickey, eucalyptus (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Better Together dies, stitched rectangle (MFT), sentiment labels die (SSS), impression plate (PTI), white embossing powder, crystals, shimmer, dimensionals



 

2 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I had to laugh at your statement about new stamps that go unused. I have a ton of them, as I am sure many of us do! I love these funky flowers and I really love that background. great make for our challenge.

sandie said...

What a fab take on the challenge Lisa-so creative and a lovely base to these gorgeous florals and these colours are just full of joy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin