Saturday, August 5, 2023

Just Us Girls #691 - Color Week

 Hi friends!  Vicki has chosen a pretty color combo for this week's Just Us Girls Color Week challenge.

I recently watched a Jennifer McGuire video where she used this stencil from Gina K Designs to create this design.  I loved it so much (and of course the stencil) I had to get it but it was out of stock.  I put myself on a wait list and when it came back in stock I snatched it up!  The technique was very cool.  I started by cutting a full piece of card stock into four equal pieces and taped them back together on the back.  I put the stencil in the center of the piece and stenciled it in the challenge colors.  When I took it apart, a quarter of the design was on one corner of each panel.  I kept arranging the panels so that the center was blank and stenciled again.  I did have to mask a few petals on the final time I stenciled.  I used the mask to stencil in the leaves too.  The sentiment was die cut three times and stacked for dimension.  I added crystals for shimmer.  The main panel was popped up with craft foam and adhered on a yellow card base.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guest for August, Greta Hess, on the JUGs blog.  Welcome Greta!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White, yellow, black
Ink: Sunshine, marigold, summer shower, grassy knoll, warm buff (Pink Fresh)
Accessories:  Spectacular Sunflower stencils (Gina K), happy birthday die (Creek Bank Creations), stitched rectangle (MFT), crystals, craft foam


8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Amazing stencil use! You made the colors sing

Carol said...

Gorgeous way to use our colors this week!! I would love to see that technique done! (And I need to beef up my stencil collection!) I can see why you wanted this stencil...such great results!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I love this stencil set too, and need to add it to my stash! Love what you've done with it, this is extra pretty!

cm said...

Your take on Jennifer's technique is absolutely lovely! I can see why that stencil is in such high demand; it's so versatile. Now, you have four cards that are sure to delight the lucky people receiving them.
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Big bold and oh so prety in this weeks colours Lisa. Fabulous!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love this! Beautiful stenciling on those big blooms and they look so good in our challenge colors. Nicely done!

Bobby said...

I saw that video and you executed it perfectly, Lisa. It's a great way to get four cards at a time and who doesn't love that.

Greta said...

What a neat technique resulting in a lovely card design!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin