Saturday, August 19, 2023

Just Us Girls #693 - Photo or Mood Board Challenge

 Hello friends!  Bobby is the hostess over at Just Us Girls for this week's Photo or Mood Board Challenge.  I love the summery feel of this photo she chose.

I loved the starfish and the stripes in the photo, so I was contemplating a card with those aspects.  I didn't think I had a starfish, but I actually found one in my Crop & Create Cardmaking event box from this past March.  I haven't had a chance to make everything from that event yet but I've been going in there from time to time to make some of the cards.  There is so much in there!  Anyway, I found a set from Concord & 9th in the box and there was a starfish die in it!  The card made with this set also had blue stripes.  So I decided to make the card and enter it here.  Cathy Zielske was the teacher for this class and this card is her design. I did change out the sentiment.

I started by using a stencil with this Concord & 9th set to ink the stripes on two squares.  Then I used a square stencil to ink the sky backgrounds. I die cut them with a postage stamp die, also from the set.  Then I die cut the starfish, sailboat, life saver, and bridge from various card stocks and added them to the die cut postage stamps.  I used the stamps from the set to stamp them to look like actual postage stamps.  I die cut the wheat card stock with the large postage stamp die and added the smaller postage stamps and sentiment.  (I used the word "stamp" a lot here, huh?)

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our August guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Seaside Post (C&9th), Brushstroke Expressions (MFT)
Paper:  White, blueberry, rust, wheat, buttercup
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, buttercup, harbor, nectar, spiced cider, blueberry
Accessories:  Seaside Post dies and stencil set (C&9th), sequins


9 comments:

Carol said...

I acquired this set and was so happy to see it on your card today! It is nautical perfection and such a cute layout! Great card Lisa.

ElizStewart said...

Lisa...what fun! I have to check out Crop and Create. I think I have heard of that before but thought it was a scrapbooking event. I saw that Waffle Flower has new postage die/stamp/stencils for the holiday. Such and adorable look and such a great card!

Bobby said...

That kit really came through for this fabulous card, Lisa. I love all the different ways you made the stamps and how you fit them all on a card.

Nancy said...

This is super fun and so perfect! I adore every bit of it!

Julia Aston said...

What bright and colorful stamps! a great design for the challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

I like all of the little elements you put together! This is cute, Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is so fun with all the die cuts! Great inspired card :)

cm said...

Comment catch-up! LOVE your take on the moodboard; the nautical themed images no the stamps are super sweet and cool. I didn't do the March Crop & Create; now wishing I had. Doing the upcoming one; excited to see what will be in the box this time
hugs~carol

Greta said...

Really love your card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin