Saturday, August 12, 2023

Just Us Girls #692 - Word Week

Hello friends!  I'm the hostess over at Just Us Girls this week and I've chosen the word
BEE.
I'm seeing bees a lot in decor and thought it would be a good word for card making.
 

So you may remember the background of flowers on my card from last week.  When I made last week's card, I made four of these floral backgrounds.  I was going to use a honeycomb stencil when I saw the remaining three backgrounds on my desk and thought it would look great with a bee on it.  So I started by stamping the bee and coloring it with copic markers.  I die cut it two more times and layered it for dimension. I die cut the word bee three times as well from black paper and stacked them. Then I went on a hunt to find a secondary word that would work and settled on awesome.  To add some interest and fun, I put the bee on a wobbler.  I love how she moves!  I added star dust stickles to her wings, flower and drink and some black clay hearts to finish off the card.  Now I'll have to see how I use the remaining two backgrounds in other cards.  Who knows?  Maybe you'll see one next week!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our August guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for buzzing by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Beekini Season (Honey Bee), Monster Love (MFT)
Paper:  White, black
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copic markers, sunshine, marigold, summer shower, grassy knoll, warm buff
Accessories:  Spectacular Sunflower stencils (Gina K), Bee Cool die (Honey Bee), stitched rectangle (MFT), clay hearts, star dust stickles, wobbler


9 comments:

Carol said...

Adorable addition to the original card!!! And the coloring and wobbler are icing on the cake! Darling blue, green and white card turned BEE card!!

Bobby said...

The stenciled background worked perfectly for your darling bee, Lisa. Putting her on a wobbler adds to the fun and the little hearts were a great accent.

Nancy said...

Lisa, This is the cutest card ever! I adore it!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun challenge this week, Lisa and your card is the bees knees! SO CUTE!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card your bee made me smile 🐝

Greta said...

Oh how fun to put that darling bee on a wobbler! Neat that you can get different looking cards from the same backgrounds!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That bee is so cute and so perfect on your fabulous background! Love how you are using those beautiful backgrounds for totally different looks.

cm said...

Beautiful background and how cute is your bee! Love your card!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Oh Lisa this is just bee- beautiful. Love the sunflowers and just a stunner card. Great challenge btw.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin